Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think could solve the Ripper case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think could solve the Ripper case?

I've spent so much of my precious little free time lately reading about the minutiae of cases that I thought something a little more fun orientated was in order. So here goes.

Which TV (or otherwise fictional) Detective would you put in charge of the Ripper case for the best chance to solve it. And since it's my question I'm ruling out the use of private detectives, so no Sherlock Holmes, no Miss Marple etc.

For my money it has to be Jane Tennyson (Prime Suspect). She's intelligent, tenacious and capable of picking a good team in order to assist her. I reckon she could nail him if anyone could.

That's just my contribution for the hell of it at any rate. Look forward to hearing any other contenders.

Ally.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism!

Originally posted by Grabbit View Post
    I've spent so much of my precious little free time lately reading about the minutiae of cases that I thought something a little more fun orientated was in order. So here goes.

Which TV (or otherwise fictional) Detective would you put in charge of the Ripper case for the best chance to solve it. And since it's my question I'm ruling out the use of private detectives, so no Sherlock Holmes, no Miss Marple etc.

For my money it has to be Jane Tennyson (Prime Suspect). She's intelligent, tenacious and capable of picking a good team in order to assist her. I reckon she could nail him if anyone could.

That's just my contribution for the hell of it at any rate. Look forward to hearing any other contenders.

Ally.

Spock
    Last edited by protohistorian; 02-15-2009, 04:01 AM. Reason: changed my mind
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Grabbit,

Too bad you ruled out private detectives as I write an occasional series (The Detectives) of short stories for Ripperologist magazine that feature some famed fictional detectives like Cadfael, Miss Marple, Sir Henry Merrivale and Sam Spade tangling with JtR.

Don.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Anna Lee. But only because I had a major crush on Imogen Stubbs.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Sam from Quantum Leap, he would probably end up in JTR's body...oh boy!

Mulder and Scully, just to see Scully in a corset!

Frank Drebin!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Lt. Columbo of course

Comment

BARNABY for me!!

John Nettles,......I just love him.

He deserves a recognition,maybe a medal,for all the years he's been an excellent detective on our screens.....never been rewarded....such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by RJM View Post
                Lt. Columbo of course
                If he could only work out just how the murders were committed ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  If he could only work out just how the murders were committed ...
                  Good one. I think his rumpled appearance though, would be advantageous for gathering information from the locals.

Hey, Mike... no room on your dream team for David Hasselhoff and Knight Rider!
                  Last edited by RJM; 02-15-2009, 02:08 PM. Reason: Hasselhoff's name

Comment

Good one. I think his rumpled appearance though, would be advantageous for gathering information from the locals.
                    Absolutely - particularly as Peter Falk comes from Russian/Polish Jewish stock.

"Oh, Mr Kozminski, just one more thing ..."

Comment

Dear RJM:

...we could also count on Peter Falk, of Hungarian Jewish as well as Czech/Russian/Polish origin, to interpret what Izzy Schwartz had to say to greater satisfaction..since I doubt many Magyar speaking cops were in the East End at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                        Sam from Quantum Leap, he would probably end up in JTR's body...oh boy!

Mulder and Scully, just to see Scully in a corset!

Frank Drebin!
                        Evcellent choice
                        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Hey, Mike... no room on your dream team for David Hasselhoff and Knight Rider!
                          I didn't want to Hassle the Hoff!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

DI Spock of the Yard! The mind boggles!

Love the idea of Columbo speaking Magyar.

No takers for Dixon of Dock Green then?
                            Or am I just showing my age now?

Ally
                            For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism!

Comment

Working...
                            X