Because they were bloodstained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Ashes still warm. Meaning very recently.
    warm ashes only indicate when the fire went out, not when it was lit.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Sure but those are warm ashes from the clothes meaning they were burned very recently.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
        How do you know that Kelly did not burn the clothes herself if they perhaps belonged to Harvey and they had a falling out? There is no evidence to show when they were set alight.

Its a dangerous game playing the obvious, against the sinister scenarios

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Not sure what your point is trevor.

There is no evidence mary had a falling out with harvey. She was brutally murdered in her own room, so its rather obvious the killer burned the clothes.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Not when you figure in that clothes were burned and a spout from a kettle melted off, indicating a large and long fire.add in other circs from the night and i think you can get a good idea when it was lit. Probably shortly after mary came home with blotchy and then stoked up again in the middle of the night around time of death.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

No-one knows when the spout was burn't off.
            A lot of these people use things thrown away by others, which might include a spoutless kettle, the poor would make use of it.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
              Sure but those are warm ashes from the clothes meaning they were burned very recently.
              By "recently", do you mean around 9 o'clcock in the morning?
              Or, do you mean long after the fire was lit, more recent than the start of the fire?

The thing about the bonnet is, I feel sure I read that Maria Harvey lent her bonnet to Mary earlier in the evening, yet Harvey didn't seem to make a point of her bonnet being burned. So, perhaps she got it back?
              So who's bonnet was it that was burned?
              Last edited by Wickerman; 10-04-2018, 05:03 PM.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The thing about the bonnet is, I feel sure I read that Maria Harvey lent her bonnet to Mary earlier in the evening, yet Harvey didn't seem to make a point of her bonnet being burned. So, perhaps she got it back?
                So who's bonnet was it that was burned?
                Echo 12 Nov

"When I left the deceased I put my bonnet in her room, and said, "Well, Mary Jane, I won't see you any more this evening. I'll leave my bonnet in your room." The next thing I heard of her was that she was murdered. I also left in the room two dirty shirts, a little boy's jacket, and a black overcoat. I have not seen anything since, except the black overcoat."

Comment

Thanks Joshua.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi.
                    Again I mention the statement of Mrs Prater, when she met Kelly at the bottom of the passage about 9.pm that evening.
                    She was wearing a jacket and Bonnet , I do not own such.
                    The only bonnet logically worn by Kelly, belonged to Mrs Harvey.
                    It was only in Mary's possession that evening., so Prater could not have mistook the time.
                    Normally Mary was said not to have worn a bonnet.yet that evening , she wore the one that Harvey left.
                    Did she ask her if she could borrow it.?
                    Either for that night, or possibly to wear to the Lord Mayors show the following day?
                    Did someone promise to take her,?
                    Did she actually return home and indeed change between the sightings of Prater, and Cox,?
                    Maybe the person she was hoping to meet , did not turn up, and her clothing was wet, so she returned home to light a fire to dry those garments, before setting out again.
                    Did she entertain Blotchy. and venture out again, and meet Mr A, who was then dressed for the Lord Mayors day.? not prearranged.
                    Was Mr A going to call on her, with Fish and potatoes, and get access to her room., and this encounter made it even easier.?
                    Apparently Mary Kelly.was anxious about meeting the killer, and usually was in company,and she would have had to have felt at ease with this man.
                    Lots of plausible scenarios .
                    Regards Richard.

Comment

Working...
                    X