X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught!? Long Island Serial Killer suspect

From Wikipedia:

John Bittrolff

John Bittrolff, a Suffolk county resident who was convicted of the murders of two prostitutes in 1993 and 1994, and is a suspect in the murder of a third woman from that time period, was named as a suspect in at least one of the LISK murders on September 12, 2017. Suffolk County prosecutor Robert Biancavilla released a statement noting that Bittrolf was likely responsible for the deaths of other women, and that there were similarities between the Gilgo Beach crime scenes and Bittrolff's known murders. Bittrolff was a carpenter who lived in Manorville, where the torsos of LISK victims Jessica Taylor and "Jane Doe No. 6" were recovered. The remains were discovered roughly three miles away from Bittrolff's home. He was also a hunter who seemed to enjoy killing and mutilating animals, and reportedly once "cut out the heart of a deer he had just shot and ate it raw in the woods". Neighbors also recalled him killing small animals when he was younger.[29][22] Another link between Bittrolff and the LISK case became apparent when it was revealed that the grown daughter of Rita Tangredi, one of Bittrolff's known victims, was reportedly "best friends" with Melissa Barthelemy, one of the Gilgo Beach victims. Barthelemy's mother also reported that Melissa "had a lot of calls to Manorville from her phone" at the time.[30][31]

I think they've got the guy.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Case closed. Or even Caught.

I don’t know?

It’s easy to point the finger at someone who has been caught for other murders.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Case closed. Or even Caught.

I don’t know?

It’s easy to point the finger at someone who has been caught for other murders.
      GUT
      this guy is a known killer of prostitutes, with similarities to LISK victims. He lived in Manorville, LI where two known early LISK victims were found-and whose other body parts where found near gilgo beach near the other LISK victim bodies.

The prosecutor says that he is a suspect for at least one LISK victim as well as another womans murder.

This is the LISK.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        GUT
        this guy is a known killer of prostitutes, with similarities to LISK victims. He lived in Manorville, LI where two known early LISK victims were found-and whose other body parts where found near gilgo beach near the other LISK victim bodies.

The prosecutor says that he is a suspect for at least one LISK victim as well as another womans murder.

This is the LISK.
        Well they should charge him in a COURT not in the press.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Well they should charge him in a COURT not in the press.
          oh I'm sure they will.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Sorry Abby but there just isn't enough to make the call yet whether Bittrolff is LISK. Not with the info we have atleast. However I should note that the daughter of Bittrolff's victim was friends with one of the Gilgo 4 and one of the Atlantic City 4 victims grew up around the corner from John Bittrolff in Mastic Beach, NY.

Also I have been informed that last bit about Melissa getting calls from Manorville is actually an error. It should read calls from Massapequa, a different town entirely where Melissa's phone last pinged (that we know of) and with no connection to Bittrolff.

And just for the record, I was very vocal about the 2 murders Bittrolff committed being part of the LISK series before he was ever caught.
            Last edited by RockySullivan; 12-07-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              Sorry Abby but there just isn't enough to make the call yet whether Bittrolff is LISK. Not with the info we have atleast. However I should note that the daughter of Bittrolff's victim was friends with one of the Gilgo 4 and one of the Atlantic City 4 victims grew up around the corner from John Bittrolff in Mastic Beach, NY.

Also I have been informed that last bit about Melissa getting calls from Manorville is actually an error. It should read calls from Massapequa, a different town entirely where Melissa's phone last pinged (that we know of) and with no connection to Bittrolff.

And just for the record, I was very vocal about the 2 murders Bittrolff committed being part of the LISK series before he was ever caught.
              Well what changed your mind?

And if he isn’t the LISK I’ll eat my hat.

Also, according Melissa mother, it was calls on her phone to manorville.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Well what changed your mind?

And if he isn’t the LISK I’ll eat my hat.

Also, according Melissa mother, it was calls on her phone to manorville.

Abby, Melissa's mother was mistaken. She confused Manorville with Massapequa. The Melissa B/Kim Raffo "coincidences" are insane. Have you read the newsday coverage of the bittrolff trial? If not I would highly suggest it as they include a lot more details.

Comment

Abby, Melissa's mother was mistaken. She confused Manorville with Massapequa. The Melissa B/Kim Raffo "coincidences" are insane. Have you read the newsday coverage of the bittrolff trial? If not I would highly suggest it as they include a lot more details.
                  Thanks rocky
                  I’ll check it out.

But I’ll ask again.. if you originally thought the two murders he was convicted for was the Lisk what has changed your mind?

To me even with the little we know... it’s a no brainer. He’s the Lisk.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Bittrolff took the one shoe and the AC Killer took the shoes. Also remember the AC lead homicide detective told the news at the time he knew the AC and LISK killings were linked, that's a fact. The last AC victim (and the one who was staying on LI just before her death) grew up like 3 blocks away from where Bittrolff grew up so they likely went to elementary school together. But how could Bittrolff have been in Atlantic City for the month span when all the girls were killed? His family says he was home at the time. I think it's unlikely Bittrolff could be LISK and not the AC Killer, it's all or nothing. And believe me I can make a more convincing case for Bittrolff as LISK than anyone. Still it's not enough to say for certain.

There are many aspects to the case and a lot of little dead end or lost trails. For one Bittrolff's family says he has no kind of connection to NYC as this case so clearly does but that doesn't mean Bittrolff isn't one of the "mongers" who drive all over long island, queens, brooklyn and manhattan looking for sex workers. I suspect he probably is. But I have heard Bittrolff's business partner was seeing Colleen McNamee.

Bittrolff did butcher animals in his shed, and there was a news story from the time of the arrest about a neighbor who was walking the dog and went over to say hi to John Bittrolff. The dog was barking and barking and barking and then Bittrolff came out of the shed with blood over his pants and said he was butchering an animal. I almost wonder if that was a dismemberment and he was that "in plain sight" about it.

But yes the LISK's graveyard is in Manorville close to where Bittrolff lived which is also too extraordinary. Personally I'm not convinced AC is the same killer either, but the detective was. I do have no doubt that all the bodies and parts dumped on Ocean Parkway and Manorville are the work of one SK.
                    Last edited by RockySullivan; 12-07-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Well Abby for one the timeline certainly aligns with LISK but the frequency could be quite out of whack. The 3 Bittrolff victims were killed within like a month or two, it's almost like a month long murder spree (and then he goes dormant for 20 years?). LISK is one or two victims a year, sometimes long gaps. But its the same as the AC killer 4 in one month. Bittrolff apparently posed his victims and then bashed their skulls in. Like literally. That's pretty different from LISK..except in the case of Asian Male who also had blunt force trauma. LISK strangles and dismembers then wraps victims in plastic or garbage bags and the separates their heads, torsos and limbs in order to hinder identification. This is where Manorville comes into play, the killer would dump the torso in Manorville then the parts way out on Ocean Parkway 40 miles away. Remind you of anyone?

Comment

Bittrolff took the one shoe and the AC Killer took the shoes. Also remember the AC lead homicide detective told the news at the time he knew the AC and LISK killings were linked, that's a fact. The last AC victim (and the one who was staying on LI just before her death) grew up like 3 blocks away from where Bittrolff grew up so they likely went to elementary school together. But how could Bittrolff have been in Atlantic City for the month span when all the girls were killed? His family says he was home at the time. I think it's unlikely Bittrolff could be LISK and not the AC Killer, it's all or nothing. And believe me I can make a more convincing case for Bittrolff as LISK than anyone. Still it's not enough to say for certain.

There are many aspects to the case and a lot of little dead end or lost trails. For one Bittrolff's family says he has no kind of connection to NYC as this case so clearly does but that doesn't mean Bittrolff isn't one of the "mongers" who drive all over long island, queens, brooklyn and manhattan looking for sex workers. I suspect he probably is. But I have heard Bittrolff's business partner was seeing Colleen McNamee.

Bittrolff did butcher animals in his shed, and there was a news story from the time of the arrest about a neighbor who was walking the dog and went over to say hi to John Bittrolff. The dog was barking and barking and barking and then Bittrolff came out of the shed with blood over his pants and said he was butchering an animal. I almost wonder if that was a dismemberment and he was that "in plain sight" about it.

But yes the LISK's graveyard is in Manorville close to where Bittrolff lived which is also too extraordinary. Personally I'm not convinced AC is the same killer either, but the detective was. I do have no doubt that all the bodies and parts dumped on Ocean Parkway and Manorville are the work of one SK.
                        Thanks rocky
                        Maybe it’s not enough beyond a reasonable doubt in a court, but for me it’s more than enough. He’s the LISK it’s just a matter of how many victims turn out to be his. He’s already a suspect in another woman’s murder and a SUSPECT in one of the LISK murders.

TWo manorville LISK victims where he lived also had body parts near the original four victims found in gilgo beach.

It’s only a matter of time before they link it all.

But let me ask you something I put in my original post. Shannon GILBERT went missing and a search ensued in between the original four Gilgo beach victims.
                        So he’s dumping two additional victims next to the original two while the search for Shannon has already started? That’s pretty brazen no? Talk about doing things in plain sight.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Well Abby for one the timeline certainly aligns with LISK but the frequency could be quite out of whack. The 3 Bittrolff victims were killed within like a month or two, it's almost like a month long murder spree (and then he goes dormant for 20 years?). LISK is one or two victims a year, sometimes long gaps. But its the same as the AC killer 4 in one month. Bittrolff apparently posed his victims and then bashed their skulls in. Like literally. That's pretty different from LISK..except in the case of Asian Male who also had blunt force trauma. LISK strangles and dismembers then wraps victims in plastic or garbage bags and the separates their heads, torsos and limbs in order to hinder identification. This is where Manorville comes into play, the killer would dump the torso in Manorville then the parts way out on Ocean Parkway 40 miles away. Remind you of anyone?
                          Hi rocky
                          Bitrolffs two victims he was convicted and the third he’s suspected of where in 93 and 94.
                          Then we have Jane doe #7 in 96.
                          Then we have peaches/Jane doe #3 and baby doe remains found in 97.
                          Then Jane doe #6 of manorville in 2000
                          Then Jessica Taylor of manorville/gilgo beach remains in 2003.
                          Then the four originally found IDed on gilgo that span 2007-2010.

These are all confirmed LISK victims.

The biggest gap is like three years and I’m not even counting the Asian transvestite or other possible Lisk victims.

I’m not sure who or when the AC victims you are talking about, but if they are separate from who I’ve already listed, you’ve got them in there two.

Also, two other possible victims are around 2013 and bitrolff is charged in 2014 and nothing since.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Maybe it’s not enough beyond a reasonable doubt in a court, but for me it’s more than enough. He’s the LISK it’s just a matter of how many victims turn out to be his. He’s already a suspect in another woman’s murder and a SUSPECT in one of the LISK murders.
                            If he turns out not to have committed ALL of the LISK murders, then he's A Long Island serial killer, and there's at least one more out there. I hope that's not the case.
                            - Ginger

Comment

Abby look at the time span of the three murders:
                              Rita Tangredi
                              Tangredi was found dead on November 2, 1993 in Suffolk County, New York. Tangredi lived in East Patchogue and was known by police to be a prostitute.[9]
                              Colleen McNamee
                              McNamee's body found on January 30, 1994 in Suffolk County, New York. Believed by authorities to be a prostitute, she was beaten, strangled to death and left naked in the woods, near the William Floyd Parkway in Shirley, New York.[10][11]
                              Sandra Costilla
                              Costilla's body was found on November 20, 1993 in North Sea, New York. She hasn't been listed as a prostitute by investigators yet, however detectives have said that Costilla led a "similar lifestyle".[12]

Comment

Working...
                              X