Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did investigators start watching Kozminski?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the police became involved with Kosminski when a Mrs Kuer reported blood on some laundry at 22 Batty street. (Found by Rob House)
    Kosminski was said to have lived in Germany for a few years before coming to England. So could probably speak German.
    I found a German Mrs Kuhn lived at 22 Batty street in 1884 but Her daughter Caroline was born at 92 Sussex street, Poplar on 11th September 1888. They had also gone back to Frankfurt Germany in 1886 where her son was born.
    Shame thought I found her.....

Pat.......

Comment

• Daily news Thurs Oct 18 1888

I found this part of the article interesting.
      Could the woman that the man had previously lived with, be Woolfes wife Betsy? Maybe she did not want him to know who had reported him?
      It also states that a few people mentioned the same man in Berner street area.
      Although not proven, Kosminski could fit with this....It says he was placed under surveillance by the police .
      However I must say it probably also fits other people too.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

City Police Inspector Robert Sagar on watching a suspicious suspect: We watched him carefully. There was no doubt that this man was insane, and after a time his friends thought it advisable to have him removed to a private asylum. After he was removed, there were no more Ripper atrocities.

An additional bit from Sagar's retirement in the City Press January 1905 stated that "suspicion fell upon a man, who, without a doubt, was the murderer. Identification being impossible, he could not be charged"

Aside from the "private asylum", this pretty much dovetails with the Swanson marginalia.

Does it?

Sagar's suspect worked in Butcher's Row.

Swanson's suspect was unemployed.

Sagar's suspect was of Jewish appearance.

Anderson's/Swanson's suspect was not recognisably Jewish.

Sagar's 'well-known' suspect was watched so 'carefully' after the Mitre Square murder that he was allowed to murder Mary Kelly.

Swanson's suspect was not even watched until after Mary Kelly's murder.

In both cases, identification was impossible because the 'suspect' had nothing to do with the murders and, in Sagar's case, did not even exist.

Comment

Working...
        X