The Outstanding Contribution to Ripperology Award 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Outstanding Contribution to Ripperology Award 2018

As the dust settles on a hugely successful and most enjoyable weekend at the East End Conference, of which more to follow, we thought it a good idea to let others not in the Conference Facebook group know about this year's award for Outstanding Contribution to Ripperology.

Presenting the award, Adam Wood said:

“When I inaugurated the Outstanding Contribution Award back in 2005 it was designed to recognise the achievements of the so-called ‘ordinary’ person in Ripperology - someone who had not necessarily written a book or produced some ground-breaking research, but a person whose contribution to the subject was something to admire. The 2018 recipient most definitely falls into this category.

One of my happiest memories of conferences I organised before taking a break in 2010 is that Kate Bradshaw - as she was then - met Nathen Amin at that event, and to use a well-worn cliche, the rest is history. Most know of the struggles they endured, but we are not here to talk about that today.

In presenting the 2018 Outstanding Achievement Award to Katherine Amin we remember her kindness, her selflessness and her level-headedness - something for us all to aspire to.

Her approach to Ripperology was insightful, straightforward and, as we’ve just heard from Drew Gray, influential.

As with Suzy Hanney, she is and will be missed.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	Award Katherine Amin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	671432

Click image for larger version

Name:	Award Close up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	671433

We are grateful to Kate's husband Nathen for accepting the award on her behalf and giving a moving and heartfelt acceptance speech. Kate will never be forgotten by her friends, and we in the organising team were honoured to be able to include Kate's short story "Jack's Knife" in this year's delegate's book.

Adam Wood, Mark Ripper and Andrew Firth

The East End Conference Organising Team
    Last edited by Admin; 11-09-2018, 06:51 AM.
Working...
X