Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 13 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 29 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 30 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Wickerman 1 hour and 18 minutes ago.
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by moste 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: Masonic and the number 39. - by Herlock Sholmes 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (38 posts)
General Discussion: Masonic and the number 39. - (13 posts)
Casebook Announcements: Katherine Bradshaw Amin (1980-2018) - (3 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: If Mrs. Maxwell Didn't See Mary Who Did She See? - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (1 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: JtR was Law Enforcement Hypothesis - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > "The Royal Conspiracy"

Old 02-25-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
Polly

Probably on her back, but as Cross and Paul at least re-arranged her clothes and may have moved her legs we can't be 100% sure.

Annie

On her back feet flat on the ground knees apart left arm across breast.

Liz

On her side facing the wall, left arm outstretched.

Kate

On her back left leg out straight right leg bent hands by her side facing up.

MJK

Actually similar to Annie

Yep all laid out ritualistically.
If you would read my posts, you would see I didn't say they ALL were laid out that way. The best thing you said was, "we can't ne 100% sure." Too bad you can't take to heart your own words.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Commisioner

Show me were I've ever said I'm 100% sure. What I keep saying is SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE.

By what you call reasoning I can claim that it was a 6 year old child who lost his mummy and everytime he found a woman who wasn't his mummy he spat the dummy and killed her. Would anyone buy that without some sort of evidence, hope not and that's what I keep asking for some evidence and you give us laying out, which MIGHT apply to two victims, you give us JUWES [if that was even how it was spelt as one police recorded it as JEWES] and can't prove it was a Masonic term, and you give us Walter thought he was JtR without a shred of proof that he actually did so or what his mental state was at the time.

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Fog View Post
How does believing in the possibility of a certain theory go against common sense? When you consider the Masonic angle, common sense tells you it's possible.
No Common sense tells you it's unlikely, like all conspiracy theories..

However replace the word 'Conspiracy' with the words 'major "=ock up" and you might have something…

But the whole mason thing doesn't hold much water even though it must be accepted many of the top players were Masons…that was simply the nature of victorian social society..

You can't avoid the fact the victorian social world and class has an effect on what happened

Yours Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Leahy : 02-25-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Leahy View Post

However
You can't avoid the fact the victorian social world and class has an effect on what happened

Yours Jeff
Actually Jeff, that really is a good, probably pertinent reflection on the case!

Jeff
Old 02-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Inactive

Really Jeff?

I thought you yourself were now proposing a conspiracy theory; in which Dr Robert Anderson and Donald Swanson conspired to conceal from their Scotland Yard colleagues that the Ripper had been positively identified by a witness?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Chief Inspector

There is no biological link between Joseph Sickert and the Duke of Clarence. Apart from Joseph being a known fantasist, his mother was conceived at a time when Prince Eddy was in Germany. Ergo, his mother cannot have been the Duke's daughter. And yes, the vast majority of pregnancies are of nine months duration.

A great portion of the Knight/Gorman tale was that Annie Crook, Prince Eddy's sweetheart was a Roman Catholic. She wasn't. Her daughter was christened as an Anglican. Whether Alice converted to Roman Catholicism later in life is neither here nor there, as it has nothing to do with Knight's story of Prince Eddy and Alice Crook.

Do you have proof that Alice was the daughter of the Duke of Clarence? Show it then!

Joseph was born the middle child of a marriage in which there is no evidence of infidelity at all.
There is no known provable link that Alice Gorman even knew the painter Walter Sickert.

If you have evidence that she did, then show it!

I have given you facts and evidence about Joseph, the Gormans and Prince Eddy's whereabouts. Instead of being so rude, why not produce something that shows that Joseph Gorman wasn't a liar and a fantasist.

Every theory has to have some link to reality, some factual base, or it is nothing but gossamer.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Fog View Post
How does believing in the possibility of a certain theory go against common sense? When you consider the Masonic angle, common sense tells you it's possible. This doesn't go back to the 1970's, it was done in 1888.
It doesn't go against common sense, but it might go against someone's logic or 'scientific' reasoning which might be based on some sort of 'legality' or elitist thinking (e.g. burden of proof stuff where proof means a document or DNA-type evidence). That's just a good way to get rid of someone.

Knight's theory goes back to the 1970s. There have been other updated incarnations that are much better, which I think definitely link, at least Mary Jane Kelly, to the basic Knight theory, if not the whole Ripper story.

Last edited by MayBea : 02-25-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Chief Inspector

I gave dates etc. which London Fog chose to ignore and rubbish. He didn't offer any contrasting evidence of his own. I don't happen to consider logic as elitist or a way to get 'rid' of London Fog or anyone else.

Conspiracy theories, whether involving Freemasons or not. are always popular, aren't they? If there are no perceptible links supporting any of it it's put down to the elite concerned getting rid of everything.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
Show me were I've ever said I'm 100% sure. What I keep saying is SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE.

By what you call reasoning I can claim that it was a 6 year old child who lost his mummy and everytime he found a woman who wasn't his mummy he spat the dummy and killed her. Would anyone buy that without some sort of evidence, hope not and that's what I keep asking for some evidence and you give us laying out, which MIGHT apply to two victims, you give us JUWES [if that was even how it was spelt as one police recorded it as JEWES] and can't prove it was a Masonic term, and you give us Walter thought he was JtR without a shred of proof that he actually did so or what his mental state was at the time.
Well, for someone who's not sure, you don't have any problem telling me how wrong I am. You should be sure before saying such things. I, on the other hand, am stating I am not sure. I consider a certain theory to have strong possibilities. You are still saying show you the evidence? Are you actually reading these posts? Look, if you did believe in a 6 year old child theory, why would that threaten me?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Leahy View Post

However replace the word 'Conspiracy' with the words 'major "=ock up" and you might have something…

But the whole mason thing doesn't hold much water even though it must be accepted many of the top players were Masons…that was simply the nature of victorian social society..

Yours Jeff
Is there, or has there ever been such a thing as a conspiracy about anything? If so, then you have to admit the possibility. Common sense. I personally see a deeper possibility than that, but if you don't, that's okay.