Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patricia Cornwell

Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post
    Mr. Evans, has there been any collaborative effort between yourself and Mrs. Cornwell and her team in studying the correspondence?
    Looking on the bright side,
    Paddy
    My colleague Keith Skinner is currently working with Ms Cornwell.
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Reference Section

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
      Stewart, if the "Saucy Jacky" postcard is missing, is this why you and Keith Skinner didn't include it in part two of your "Letters From Hell" book? It is mentioned in part one of the book, but when you reach the section of the transcripts of all the letters the "Saucy Jacky" postcard isn't re-texted. It struck me as odd it wasn't included, but if it's missing, and you and Keith were only transcripting the letters in the file at the time, it would make sense it wasn't included.
      Yes, the second part of our book is a reference section containing the transcripts of all the letters in the files together with their individual file numbers. As the 'saucy Jacky' postcard is missing, and is not in the official files, it does not appear in this part of the book.
      SPE

Comment

Just an observation, but the facsimiles allow us to see the P.S. before the ravages of ageing took hold.

The photos of the Dear Boss letter in Stewart and Keith's book (and my own personal experience at the PRO) reveal that the postscript is virtually unreadable now.

Is the letter part of the JTR exhibition? It would be a superb opportunity for a lot of people to observe this infamous artefact 'up close' for the first time.

JB

Comment

Museum

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
          Just an observation, but the facsimiles allow us to see the P.S. before the ravages of ageing took hold.
          The photos of the Dear Boss letter in Stewart and Keith's book (and my own personal experience at the PRO) reveal that the postscript is virtually unreadable now.
          Is the letter part of the JTR exhibition? It would be a superb opportunity for a lot of people to observe this infamous artefact 'up close' for the first time.
          JB
          John, I was at the museum last Thursday and saw the 'Dear Boss' letter there, being mounted for display. However, I think it is the first page that will be on view, not the reverse. They are also displaying the page of the 'Macnaghten memoranda' naming the suspects. On a different tack, no image of Kosminski is displayed as no image of Kosminski is known to exist.
          SPE

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
            Do you want a five minute argument or a one hour argument?
            I'm sorry, this is "getting hit on the head" lessons. Arguments are down the hall in Room 29A.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
              John, I was at the museum last Thursday and saw the 'Dear Boss' letter there, being mounted for display. However, I think it is the first page that will be on view, not the reverse.
              Thanks for the insight, Stewart, I'm looking forward to seeing the exhibition on Saturday (and the talk).

A shame that both sides of the letter will not be visible - after all, that signature 'created' the name of ...... well, we all know the rest.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                A shame that both sides of the letter will not be visible
                ...it wouldn't be Ripperology if someone wasn't favouring one side over the other
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

My understanding is that Keith Skinner is examining the 17th September letter in cahoots with Madam Le Cornwall; and all is not kosher.
                  I'll take me slaughtered whore halal, thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                    My understanding is that Keith Skinner is examining the 17th September letter in cahoots with Madam Le Cornwall; and all is not kosher.
                    I'll take me slaughtered whore halal, thank you so much.
                    Have they traced its origins back to Battlecrease House yet?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

They'll iron that out, Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        Have they traced its origins back to Battlecrease House yet?
                        You mean to say Sickert was also at Battlecrease?!! The plot thickens...
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Yeah, Sickert was the guy to go to if you wanted some diamine ink. Not only that, but because of his physically and psychologically debilitating penis fistula, Sickert was the only guy Maybrick trusted alone for 10 minutes around Florence. Rumor has it that Skinner's source is Wilf Gregg, who was also visiting the house around this time.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Someone told me, Tom, that you were the fistula and Dan the penis, but I told 'em it was just an ugly tumour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              because of his physically and psychologically debilitating penis fistula, Sickert was the only guy Maybrick trusted alone for 10 minutes around Florence.
                              Not that Sickert couldn't "perform", Tom - it's just that every time Sickert - ahem! - tried to "push the plunger", air would escape from the hole in the end, emitting a tell-tale whistling sound. It's rumoured that Sickert, whilst engaging in some vigorous love-making on his honeymoon, woke up the guests in the adjoining hotel rooms, all of whom thought they'd left the kettle on.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

That explains his close association with Whistler!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X