Quoting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting

I've never used the function at the with the 2 quotation marks. When I click on it it just goes red. I believe that it's to isolate passages from a message that you can reply to without clicking on 'quote' and inserting a reply?

Could someone explain how it works please?

Yes I know I've been on here a while now but I've just never used it. It just goes red and I can't work out what it does?

Thanks

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I've never used the function at the with the 2 quotation marks. When I click on it it just goes red. I believe that it's to isolate passages from a message that you can reply to without clicking on 'quote' and inserting a reply?

Could someone explain how it works please?

Yes I know I've been on here a while now but I've just never used it. It just goes red and I can't work out what it does?

Thanks
    You have to click the Post Reply button after you've highlighted all the posts you wish to quote. It'll then dump them all into the message editor.

Comment

But you can only quote (I think it's) two posts without using cut and paste.

So " mark one, "Mark two, reply.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post

Nope, you can quote several, I just tested it.

I believe you can also multi-quote across threads, as they're saved in your cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          You have to click the Post Reply button after you've highlighted all the posts you wish to quote. It'll then dump them all into the message editor.

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Nope, you can quote several, I just tested it.

I believe you can also multi-quote across threads, as they're saved in your cookies.
          Ok that must be a fairly recent change, and yes you can post across threads.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Ok that must be a fairly recent change, and yes you can post across threads.
            Is that it?

Comment

Thanks guys. Easy when you know how

Comment

Working...
              X