"Crime Scene" Sketch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Crime Scene" Sketch.

What I'm talking about is the sketch made by Mr. Foster the surveyor, labelled "Position of the body when found from a sketch made on the spot by Dr. F. Gordon Brown." There is a good version of it in Scotland Yard Investigates.

Just above where it says "Detached portion of intestine", it looks like there are the figures 650 and the words "last plate" or "Cash plate". What does this mean? Is it something to do with photographic plates? Or is it referring to the circle - maybe a manhole cover? Looks a bit small if the proportions are right. And what is the circle anyway?

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Here is the version from this site but the resolution is a little low to pick out what I think are the numbers 650. If anyone has a better version and would be good enough to post it, that would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
    Steve.
    Attached Files

Comment

Coal plate

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
      Just above where it says "Detached portion of intestine", it looks like there are the figures 650 and the words "last plate" or "Cash plate". What does this mean? Is it something to do with photographic plates? Or is it referring to the circle - maybe a manhole cover? Looks a bit small if the proportions are right. And what is the circle anyway?
      Steve.
      It says 'Coal plate', meaning the circular metal cover that was lifted in order to deliver coal to the cellar below. I cannot see the figures '650' however.
      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

This ties in with Watkins testimony about Eddowes being found on top of a coal hole.

As part of his responsibilities, Watkins was obliged to ensure the coalhole plate was correctly fitted.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
          It says 'Coal plate', meaning the circular metal cover that was lifted in order to deliver coal to the cellar below. I cannot see the figures '650' however.
          Coal plate! It's so obvious now. Thank you, Stewart. The "numbers" are easier to see in SYI's version of the sketch. The 6 is above the p of plate and is intersected by the circle. They are most likely just pencil strokes made when sketching the bloodstain.

Incidentally, poor Kate looks to have been pretty well opened up here. Somehow this makes me feel it very unlikely that the organs were removed later i.e. at the mortuary as some would have us believe.

Best wishes,
          Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
            Coal plate! It's so obvious now. Thank you, Stewart. The "numbers" are easier to see in SYI's version of the sketch. The 6 is above the p of plate and is intersected by the circle. They are most likely just pencil strokes made when sketching the bloodstain.

Incidentally, poor Kate looks to have been pretty well opened up here. Somehow this makes me feel it very unlikely that the organs were removed later i.e. at the mortuary as some would have us believe.

Best wishes,
            Steve.
            I think I see what you mean, but it's just how the shading's shaped isn't it?

Comment

If you mean the "numbers", Paul then yes, I think so.

Best wishes,
              Steve.

Comment

Whats the grating bars at the bottom left of the picture? A drain?

Comment

When will someone spot the glaring "F" and "M" clearly scribbled in a round schoolboy hand in chalk next to the body.

Phil

Comment

it's amazing how similar the pose is to MK, even her head is turned in the same direction

Comment

And the fact that she has two arms and two legs and is dead!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garza View Post
                        Whats the grating bars at the bottom left of the picture? A drain?
                        It's an area i.e. a space leading to the basement of a building.

Best wishes,
                        Steve.

Comment

... And the fact that she was of the same class; her throat was cut; her body opened up; organs removed and her face was slashed.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

And she was .... DEAD... and in London (shock HORROR)!!

That's just too much of a coincidence.
                            She has to have been a WOMAN!!

Phil

Comment

dress

Hello Malcolm.

"it's amazing how similar the pose is to MK, even her head is turned in the same direction"

Yes. But now compare the state of her dress to that of Polly and Annie. Notice the huge difference?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X