Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper The Secret Police Files by Trevor Marriott

Ladies/Gents,

Has anyone got a spare copy of this book that I could purchase from them?

I'd very much like to read it, but can only seem to be able to find it on Kindle (not keen on Kindle).

Station see the thread over in ripper authors. it's actually never been in print, only kindle. i even said I'd read if it was in print

Comment

But station before you do read the book, consider some of the author's views expressed here: http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=7550
      A
      s far as I am concerned and was concerned the acknowledgment at the front of the book clearly allows for any writer who feels that their copyright has been infringed were invited to contact the publisher. In the first book that referred to contacting me direct.

I think this whole issue is being blown up out of all proportion after all the whole book is not copied.

As to the book itself it is a compilation of known serial killers whose crimes are widely known and recorded for all to see quite openly on the web. The material content from the writers articles must have come from official police files newspaper and television reports.

So all the original writers have done in my view is gathered all of that together and added their own words to it to make up their articles so in effect it could be argued that all they have done is taken someone else material and used it in their articles. Because I doubt many would have been directly involved in the cases.

Lets face it there are only so many ways you can write "A lured B to country lane and shot him three times through the head"etc etc.

Like I said maybe I was naïeve with regards to copyright issues way back in 2008.
      Last edited by RockySullivan; 01-12-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Rocky, if I'm honest I'm not overly interested in what they were purported to contain per say. I think it's been well established now that they didn't contain any smoking guns (or bloody knives). What I want to read about is what the author experience whilst trying to gain access to them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Station Cat View Post
          Ladies/Gents,

Has anyone got a spare copy of this book that I could purchase from them?

I'd very much like to read it, but can only seem to be able to find it on Kindle (not keen on Kindle).
          It was only published on kindle

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            It was only published on kindle

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

that would explain why I can't find a copy of it then

Comment

Working...
            X