This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
    The interesting thing about this set of clothes is they were underclothes and drab in color. Then thrown in were a collar and cuffs. The collar and cuffs seem like addons to an outfit. Like a disguise. And it's almost like whoever owned these underclothes was down to his skivvies when he got blood all over them.
    Presumably not pointing to how Annie Chapmans killer dressed down to his underwear in the Hanbury Street backyard - leaving us with the possibility that the killer of the Pinchin Street victim did so.

It sound a bit odd either way, does it not?

And the parcel would have been found quickly, I´d say - so how do we account for the fortnight that had gone by? Did he keep them at home for all that time?

The find is interesting, but hard to fit into the frame. I was thinking animal blood, perhaps - but who butchers animals in his underwear and dump them in a public spot afterwards...?

It´s annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
      About two weeks after this incident (around September 23rd), a brown paper parcel was discovered thrown over some railings at the corner of Devonshire and Great Portland Street by PC 457D. The parcel contained some underclothing which consisted of a drab flannel shirt, drab pants, a pair of cuffs and a collar. The shirt and pants were saturated with blood and the cuffs and collar only splashed with blood.

In regard to the September 8th clothing incident this may be relevant. Maybe not.
      Oh I was thinking two weeks after the Tottenham Court Rd Torso dump, not in 1888. my bad. that is interesting so many years apart dumping in the same area

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        Presumably not pointing to how Annie Chapmans killer dressed down to his underwear in the Hanbury Street backyard - leaving us with the possibility that the killer of the Pinchin Street victim did so.

It sound a bit odd either way, does it not?

And the parcel would have been found quickly, I´d say - so how do we account for the fortnight that had gone by? Did he keep them at home for all that time?

The find is interesting, but hard to fit into the frame. I was thinking animal blood, perhaps - but who butchers animals in his underwear and dump them in a public spot afterwards...?

It´s annoying.
        It does sound odd. As you know I feel the Whitehall victim was murdered around the same time as Annie Chapman, though. A man cutting up a torso in the private confines of his home/bolthole might do so in underclothes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman
          That's not true I'd say the parcel likely sat that for a while.
          Last edited by RockySullivan; 11-20-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
            That's not true I'd say the parcel likely sat that for a while.
            Sorry, but I cannot comment on that as you know. And for reasons you know too.

Comment

Sorry, but I cannot comment on that as you know. And for reasons you know too.
              Well you're free to not participate in the discussion.

Comment

• I wont call you any names ok man?

Comment

I wont call you any names ok man?
                  Do you really need to ask me if that is ok, Rocky? Of course it is ok.

Comment

• the rainham 1887 torso was found wrapped in canvas, and they said the pinchin torso was likely dumped with a sack. could this have been a canvas sack? same for the whitehall sighting. who would have large pieces of canvas or large canvas sacks?

Comment

the rainham 1887 torso was found wrapped in canvas, and they said the pinchin torso was likely dumped with a sack. could this have been a canvas sack? same for the whitehall sighting. who would have large pieces of canvas or large canvas sacks?
                      How about a large delivery company?

Comment

the rainham 1887 torso was found wrapped in canvas, and they said the pinchin torso was likely dumped with a sack. could this have been a canvas sack? same for the whitehall sighting. who would have large pieces of canvas or large canvas sacks?
                        Bakers, builders, grocers, chandlers, workhouses, hawkers, launderers... loads of people really. Canvas sacks were ubiquitous in those days, before the widespread use of of paper ones.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Bakers, builders, grocers, chandlers, workhouses, hawkers, launderers...
                          ...and large delivery companies.

Comment

...and large delivery companies.
                            Amongst many, many, many other businesses. Sacking, whether bought, stolen or found, would not have been beyond the reach of any private citizen, either. Sacks were plentiful, ubiquitous and cheap.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Ok what about pieces of canvas like the one the rainham torso was apparently wrapped up in and then tied? Were they just as common? Does the way the torso was wrapped and then tied up tell us anything? I'm unsure what exactly was used to tie the canvas in this case

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Amongst many, many, many other businesses. Sacking, whether bought, stolen or found, would not have been beyond the reach of any private citizen, either. Sacks were plentiful, ubiquitous and cheap.
                                I hope you don´t think that I am suggesting that sacks were exclusively found at Pickfords...? Or?

Comment

Working...
                                X