Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Crime Media Alert

Hi all,

I see that The Boston Strangler is on AMC very early tomorrow morning. Not a bad although necessarily too accurate film. I saw it first run at the theater and it was literally SRO for the evening first weekend presentations.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

"sro?"
    Regards

Comment

Hi dougie,

Standing room only - no seats left open

Stan Reid

Comment

hi stan,
        oh right, never heard that abbreviation before....strangely enough i only finished the book monday(read it before years ago) it didnt seem so convincing this time around though. not entirely convinced of his guilt (de salvo) after watching a documentary recently....seems we had corruption in the police force even then
        regards

Comment

Hi dougie,

I certainly have my doubts about him. Actually, I didn't ever read the original book. I do have Susan Kelly's book about the case and she doesn't really think he was guy.

Way back, I remember when the murders were in the news. It must have been something like the frenzy with JtR.

Stan Reid

Comment

Thanks Stan for starting this thread up again!

JM

Comment

Not a bad movie - and you (kinda) get to see Elizabeth Baur.

Comment

You're welcome JM.

AMC is running The Boston Strangler again very early tomorrow morning as well as not quite so early Tuesday. It looks like they have it in hot rotation.

Stan Reid

Comment

Ditto Wednesday AM

Stan Reid

Comment

I like it, but it's a bit nondescript - it fails to provide real context or explain itself, like Dogs of War, although not the same type of movie, but it still makes my point.

Comment

The 2003 version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is on Spike TV very late tonight. It's said to be based on Gein but you'll be pressed to see many similarities.

Stan Reid

Comment

Living TV in the UK have announced they have commissioned a programe which shows acclaimed American Medium Bobby Marchesso contacting Serial Killers!!

The show Conversations with Serial Killers will air in the UK in Autumn on Living TV.

They have already announced Ted Bundy is just one of the guests!!

Source:Sky Mag, April 08
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

Will he be contacting any serial killers from unsolved cases?

I imagine Ted is now residing in a warmer climate.

Stan Reid

Comment

07/02/2008

LIVING INSPIRES CONVERSATIONS WITH A SERIAL KILLER (8X60)
                            London February 7th 2008 Virgin Media Television owned channel LIVING has commissioned a brand new series, Conversations with a Serial Killer, from Twofour Broadcast. The 8-part series traces the lives of some of the most notorious and fascinating serial killers of our time through a blend of documentary, archive material, eye-witness accounts and, putting the unique LIVING twist on the crime genre, also paranormal investigation. The series hopes to open up a spiritual dialogue with deceased infamous murderers, such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Aileen Wurnos and Ted Bundy, as well as documenting their lives and investigating the influences upon their earthly existences. Conversations with a Serial Killer will air exclusively on LIVING in Autumn 2008.

Each episode will feature British investigative journalist Julie McDonald, and American psychic medium and ex cop, Bobby Marchesso, as they look into the lives of one infamous serial killer per episode, tracing their lives and attempting to spiritually communicate with these tortured souls who could be haunting the locations they frequented when they were alive. Julie and Bobby will also track the lives of serial killers Albert DeSalvo (The Boston Strangler), John Wayne Gacy, and Charles Starkweather amongst others, visiting the locations where these renowned serial killers lived, worked and preyed on their victims.

The journey across America offers compelling, yet terrifying, insight into the most complicated killers in history, accessing those who knew them, feared them and caught them. Exposing the dark side of America the team searches for the spirits of these horrific butchers, whose names still haunt the world and have become synonymous with their crimes. There will also be first-hand accounts from surviving victims, psychologists, school teachers, criminologists and psychologists to help connect with what made these killers tick.

Clare Hollywood, Head of Commissioning, LIVING commented: “LIVING has always been at the forefront of paranormal programming and Conversations with a Serial Killer once again moves this genre on. Serial killers continue to darkly fascinate in many ways, and this will be a frightening, insightful paranormal journey into some of history's most fearless serial killers and their existences."

Commissioning editor for LIVING is Mark Sammon, with executive producer for TwoFour Melanie Leach, and directors Chris Williams and Maria Knowles. Series Producer is also Charlotte Wheeler.

ENDS

February 2008

For further information contact Jessica Littlewood, LIVING PR Manager, Jessica.Littlewood@virginmediatv.co.uk 020 7299 5363 or Felicity Beardshaw, Virgin Media TV Press Officer, Felicity.Beardshaw@virginmediatv.co.uk 020 7299 5364

Images – www.image.net

LIVING

LIVING is the ultimate entertainment destination on TV. Commissions like Britain’s Next Top Model, Dirty Dancing – The Time of Your Life, Living with Kimberly Stewart and To The Manor Bowen have emerged as some of the UK’s most talked-about programmes. As the home of the paranormal, LIVING airs cult phenomena Most Haunted and the hugely successful Most Haunted Live. LIVING has also built a reputation for cleverly identifying and out-maneuvering its rivals to the best acquired shows out there such as Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer and America’s Next Top Model.

Since its launch at the end of 2004 LIVING2 is one of the fastest growing channels on multichannel. With an emphasis on entertainment reality, LIVING2 feature new exclusive acquisitions of top reality shows.

Virgin Media

Virgin Media is an innovative and pioneering UK entertainment and communications business. For the first time consumers can get everything they need from one company - the UK's only quad play of TV, broadband, phone and mobile plus the most advanced TV on demand service available, the UK’s first high definition TV service and V+, our high specification personal video recorder. We're the UK’s most popular residential broadband provider, the largest virtual mobile network operator and the second largest provider of pay TV and home phone.

Virgin Media owns two content businesses - Virgin Media Television (VMTV) and sit-up. VMTV owns seven entertainment channels - Living, Living 2, Bravo, Bravo 2, Challenge, Trouble and Virgin 1 - and is a 50% partner in UKTV which consists of ten channels including UKTV Gold and UKTV History. sit-up runs retail TV channels bid tv, price-drop tv and speed auctiontv.

ntl: Telewest Business also operates under the Virgin Media umbrella and provides voice, data and internet solutions to leading businesses, public sector organisations and service providers in the UK.

Virgin Media is the largest Virgin company in the world and has almost 10 million customers (5m cable, 4.5m Virgin Mobile, 250,000 virgin.net). To find out more visit www.virginmedia.com/presscentre
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Hello all,

As per reports, on Sunday evening, 30 March, The Lifetime Channel begins running a miniseries entitled The Capture of the Green River Killer, a drama about that notorious case.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X