X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf War Veteran Loses His Kids Over Medical Marijuana Use

c.d.

It's a problem.

Most parenting experts say use of Pot impacts heavily on parenting capacity.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      It's a problem.

Most parenting experts say use of Pot impacts heavily on parenting capacity.
      I have a couple of friends who were raised by potheads and dealers, and I was their mom starting at 15. I was signing school papers, making sure they were fed, had clothes and school supplies, showing up at hearings and bailing them out of jail. I don't doubt that their parents loved them, but they simply could not be responsible for them. It was just too hard to keep another human alive, disciplined, and supplied while on massive amounts of pot. The wort part was, they were grateful to me instead of being outraged that another kid was in some way assuming legal responsibility for their child.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        I have a couple of friends who were raised by potheads and dealers, and I was their mom starting at 15. I was signing school papers, making sure they were fed, had clothes and school supplies, showing up at hearings and bailing them out of jail. I don't doubt that their parents loved them, but they simply could not be responsible for them. It was just too hard to keep another human alive, disciplined, and supplied while on massive amounts of pot. The wort part was, they were grateful to me instead of being outraged that another kid was in some way assuming legal responsibility for their child.
        Doesn't even need to be heavy use to have a negative impact.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi, all.

I know it is controversial, but I can't think there is some sort of family disagreement at the root of this. The relative who reported that the children "were abandoned" and their father "is going to work on a pot farm" is certainly at the root of the problem here. Is it a grudge, a misunderstanding, or was there some other thing in the background?
          We don't know, but the Dept. of Child Services should have investigated this case more throughly. Requiring the veteran to take drug-abuse counseling as a condition of getting his children back, may seem strange, as he is moving here to Colorado, but perhaps it is best that he follow their instructions.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

The CPS folks were following orders from on high. There was no family squabble, the state learned what he was doing. Idiot probably put up signs. The guy and his wife are mental defectives, and bound to fail hilariously as pot farmers, if they didn't see this coming. Feel bad for the kids but if mommy and daddy are stupid enough to have totally missed all the other freaking cases, there are a couple dozen by the way because Kansas, Wyoming and Utah have gone hardcore, like this in the surrounding states- the kids are possibly better off away from them.
            CPS is a freaking awful job, the extent of which most folks really have no clue about, and they get **** on a lot because of garbage like this. Their hands are often tied with some of the worst cases and they get forced to go after others on a Governor's whim. The comments on that article make me lose what little hope I had for humanity.
            Last edited by Shaggyrand; 02-07-2016, 09:46 PM. Reason: Really? C R A P P ED gets censored?
            I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Working...
            X