I don't buy into the theories that a rich man committed these acts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't buy into the theories that a rich man committed these acts

First off let me say that when I was first reading about Jack the Ripper and watching documentaries I thought it was Tumbelty at first then Druitt, but now I'm sure it has to be someone from the poor side of town who was poor.

The murders being in close proximity to one another tells me that the killer was comfortable with this area and the fact that the bloody apron left behind near that chalked note was found east of the victim tells me he was fleeing back east. Where would he flee to other than home?

He must have been living close by in that area. As I read and watch more of the Ripper I'm beginning to think it was Kosminski who was the killer.

Yeah, he most likely lived in, shall we say, the circle of murders. And he probably knew the area well, when people was on the street and where he could walk without being spotted on his way home.

Comment

Can't fault you,guys............
      Steve

Comment

There's no real concrete evidence to give judgement on his financial status, just our own assumptions. I agree it's highly unlikely we are speaking about a monied individual and I've always concurred with the Rumbelow 'unknown local' but we don't have any proof to tell us it WASN'T a rich person striking out in the East End - however improbable it undoubtedly is.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
          He must have been living close by in that area. As I read and watch more of the Ripper I'm beginning to think it was Kosminski who was the killer.
          I was a Kosminski proponent once too, years ago, until I learned more about him. This man ended up in an asylum for some pretty severe mental problems and was described as roaming about eating garbage off the ground at one time. The Ripper, on the other hand, possessed at least enough charm to put his victims at ease so that they felt safe enough to come away with him into secluded places. Kosminski doesn't seem a likely candidate in that light.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
            I was a Kosminski proponent once too, years ago, until I learned more about him. This man ended up in an asylum for some pretty severe mental problems and was described as roaming about eating garbage off the ground at one time. The Ripper, on the other hand, possessed at least enough charm to put his victims at ease so that they felt safe enough to come away with him into secluded places. Kosminski doesn't seem a likely candidate in that light.

True that, but there was a lot of confusion at the time between Kosminski and Cohen. After reading about Cohen I begin to think that this is whom they were referring to.

He does seem to fit the profile.

Comment

'If I was a rich man
              Diddle diddle I wouldn't be working in a slum.
              Or drinking, killing there either
              Diddle duddle I'd be having much more fun.'
              http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

It was no rich man. He was a bog standard serial killer - working class.

Comment

Would an Impecably dressed gentleman have stood out in the east end at these times of the murders? Or did many a gentleman visit the east end for one thing or another?

Comment

Hi Pmerryman,

Yes and no.

Regards,
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
                      'If I was a rich man
                      Diddle diddle I wouldn't be working in a slum.
                      Or drinking, killing there either
                      Diddle duddle I'd be having much more fun.'
                      Nice rhyme, NTS. And a useful mnemonic to help people remember the unlikelihood of the "Toff/Ripper" chimaera.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Not improbable, how would it be, a reasonably well to do type, crusading or with some other gripe against prostitutes.

Tells family and friends will be away on business on and off, rents a little flat in some back street, nobody knows him or cares to know, moves about, recons the area for a while, possibly becomes slightly known in the area as just a man going about is business,possibly seen by some of the girls so, is able perhaps, to give them a wink every now and then?

Possibly visit the odd public house, even buy a girl a drink now and then but, no hanky panky?

That's to say. No hanky panky until he's confident to have their trust, weeks later?

He's now not an unusual sight in the area and so is largely ignored, people have other worries than a man walking about etc.

Ready to play, easily buy girls drinks and gains their trust, so leaves pub early, wanders around till late/early whilst keeping an eye on his quarry.

Confronts the girl/s wherever it be and does the business?

Possible, he's got enough money to take time out to spend days in the area before going home after "another successful business trip", nobody is any the wiser, he could be living in affluent islington or wherever, not too far but not too close, nobody from Whitechapel would ever see him as they probably never leave the area?

Possible?

Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                        X