Jack the Ripper Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbrett2000 View Post
    ...the guide made us all whisper at the 13 Millers Crt. site of Mary Kelly's murder sighting that it was because there was a young colledge girl who lived there now and had tried to sue the various tours for loudly talking about what had happened in her apartment!
    ??? As some might say, WTF???

I think your guide had very little idea what he was saying. There's been no one living on that site for 80 years!

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Exactly WTF???

I'm practically speechless- I don't know whether it's the gross ignorance,the gross phraseology or the gross lack of a grip on reality- not to mention the spelling that offends me the most!
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Latest from Rippertour central -

Had an elderly lady on my tour last night who apparently worked at Scotland Yard (until 1979). According to her colleagues at the time:

The police found out who did the first murder and apparently the rest were done to cover up the killer's identity.

I asked if she knew who the murderer was supposed to be and she just winked, tapped her nose and said "I'm not saying".

People who think they have the answer are everywhere!

Comment

Another one from last year:

A woman approached me at the end of the tour to say that her great grandmother (who died aged nearly 100 in the early 1960s) lived in Buck's Row in 1888.

According to the great-grandma, local gossip at the time stated that somebody had seen a horse and carriage pass down the street on the night of the Nichols murder and that the carriage had some form of 'official' crest on it.

Ho hum...

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
            Another one from last year:

A woman approached me at the end of the tour to say that her great grandmother (who died aged nearly 100 in the early 1960s) lived in Buck's Row in 1888.

According to the great-grandma, local gossip at the time stated that somebody had seen a horse and carriage pass down the street on the night of the Nichols murder and that the carriage had some form of 'official' crest on it.

Ho hum...
            It sounds as if Grannie may have watched a certain movie.
            Christopher T. George
            Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
            just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
            For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
            RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Latest from Rippertour central -

Had an elderly lady on my tour last night who apparently worked at Scotland Yard (until 1979). According to her colleagues at the time:

The police found out who did the first murder and apparently the rest were done to cover up the killer's identity.

I asked if she knew who the murderer was supposed to be and she just winked, tapped her nose and said "I'm not saying".

People who think they have the answer are everywhere!
              Was she related to Anderson Swanson or Macnaghten

Comment

Don't knock it, John.

This sort of stuff could ultmately crack the case.

As opposed to tales of Royal carriages clattering down Bucks Row
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Good afternoon everyone... As an American I have been wondering has the planning for the Olympics had any impact on the tours... and will it in the future...I was lucky enough to get to take a tour a few years back.. had a wonderful time and would love to take another next time I am in London.

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X