Michael Barrett an Author?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Barrett an Author?

I note that in his affidavit of January 5 1995, Mike describes himself as being an author.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever had anything published. I freely admit that I really don't know a lot about Mike.

I must say that this affidavit presents some interesting possibilities for research.
    Last edited by GUT; 03-27-2014, 03:48 PM.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I note that in his affidavit of January 5 1995, Mike describes himself as being an author.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever had anything published. I freely admit that I really don't know a lot about Mike.

I must say that this affidavit presents some interesting possibilities for research.
    Hi gut,Mr Barrett used to send articles to magazines in the 1970s apparently his wife "tidied them up for him" before they were sent.The affidavit cannot be taken seriously because of Mr Barrett s state of mind and chronic alcoholism.He claimed he forged the diary to upset the Apple cart for Mr Feldman and his associates in my honest opinion Mr Barrett did not come into the possession of the diary by fair means .Having met Mr Barrett quite a few times over the years i soon came to the conclusion he is no forger just a simple sole who just got out of his depth.One last thing I've seen his famous Amstrad word processor that he claims he wrote the diary on he was unable to even turn it on.
    Last edited by pinkmoon; 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'day Pinkmoon

I thought you might have some idea.

Do you know

1. If any of his and Anne's articles were accepted for publication.

2. Did he ever have anything else published.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have stated that I have real reservations about his confession but the affidavits are interesting because of the detail he goes into.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I thought you might have some idea.

Do you know

1. If any of his and Anne's articles were accepted for publication.

2. Did he ever have anything else published.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have stated that I have real reservations about his confession but the affidavits are interesting because of the detail he goes into.
        Hi gut,the people he names in affidavits are real the events not I think he had a tiny article published in a magazine called "look in " in the 1970s.Both the barretts have had their handwriting checked they did not write diary.What you have to remember is that Mr Barrett was pretty skint prior to diary appearing would someone with a drink problem waste his precious drink money on a old diary.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
          Hi gut,the people he names in affidavits are real the events not I think he had a tiny article published in a magazine called "look in " in the 1970s.
          Blimey, Look-In! That takes me back!

Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I used to read look in in the 70s however it wasn't a patch on the beano.

Comment

G'day Pinkmoon

Was he drinking so much in 1990 or thereabouts or did that increase drastically after they separated, as often happens.

Has anyone ever checked with Outhwaite & Litherland about selling anything to Mike?

You can not imagine how much I wanted to believe the diary when it first came out. think I was one of the first here to buy the book.
              G U T

Comment

Was he drinking so much in 1990 or thereabouts or did that increase drastically after they separated, as often happens.

Has anyone ever checked with Outhwaite & Litherland about selling anything to Mike?

You can not imagine how much I wanted to believe the diary when it first came out. think I was one of the first here to buy the book.
                Hi gut, the auctioneers were checked out they stated that they did conduct their auctions in the way Mr Barrett said they did.Mr Barrett was drinking heavily well before the diary was discoverd Mr Barrett did not expect such a fuss or so much money he told me he only wanted enough to buy a greenhouse!.

Comment

G'day again Pinkmoon

Thanks that answers the questions that have worried me for ages, you are as always a gent.
                  G U T

Comment

Who exactly says that Mike Barrett's and Anne's handwriting does not match that of the 'Diary'?

Comment

G'day Sam

Thanks I'd never heard of "Look in".
                      G U T

Comment

Thanks I'd never heard of "Look in".
                        Very popular publication half of my school used to read it I think any letter published received the princely sum of 5 pounds.

Comment

I think the only things half my class read were Football magazines or "Mad Magazine".

The other half simply could not read at all.

I refuse to say what half I fell into, as told one bloke who said I was illiterate:

"I are not mum and dad was married two weeks before I was borned."
                          G U T

Comment

To Pinkmoon

You wrote that the Barretts had their handwitring checked and that it did not match the 'Diary'.

What is the source for this very definitive statement? If you don't want to say, that's your perogative.

So, Barrett tells you reatively recently that he had no idea about the fuss such an artefact would casue and that only hoped to make enough to buy a greenhouse. How touching. Practically an innocent victim, presumably of the vulture tabloids and other people's malice.

And you believe that--why?

Because he said so, long after it all went south? After it had proved not to be the greatest publishing event in history but a debacle quickly forgotten.

You should check out the pro-'Diary' documentary Michael 'Death Wish' Winner made at the time, in which a rather different Mike Barrett appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
                              To Pinkmoon

You wrote that the Barretts had their handwitring checked and that it did not match the 'Diary'.

What is the source for this very definitive statement? If you don't want to say, that's your perogative.

So, Barrett tells you reatively recently that he had no idea about the fuss such an artefact would casue and that only hoped to make enough to buy a greenhouse. How touching. Practically an innocent victim, presumably of the vulture tabloids and other people's malice.

And you believe that--why?

Because he said so, long after it all went south? After it had proved not to be the greatest publishing event in history but a debacle quickly forgotten.

You should check out the pro-'Diary' documentary Michael 'Death Wish' Winner made at the time, in which a rather different Mike Barrett appears.
                              I've seen Michael winner documentary several times having met Mr Barrett several times I do believe he is not capable of producing a forgery .I remember seeing Mr Barrett for the first time on a regional programme before I met him and his behaviour did seem rather odd I think his Nick name in the local pub was "bongo".I'm sure I read that the Barrett s handwriting was checked by the police and I'm sure that it was because that would have been a very easy and obvious think for the police to do just as it is easy for us to compare the handwriting to the ripper letters.

Comment

Working...
                              X