Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To .....I'veBeenToMitreSquare

Hello

I think the observation I was making was that there appeared to be a general idea (see below) that Hutchingson was round about similarish age to Mary and this was not the impression I got.
    Her respect for Mr Hutchingson said a lot....But then as someone commented earlier, they were only Hutchingsons words.

Both Topping and Kelly were only a couple of years apart in age, so it is feasible that they could have known each other,

Pat................................

Comment

• This John?

Hi Sally, Thanks for the info. I had found that family too when checking out Georges and wondered about the Seaman. I think I found that he had been to sea a few times, I will try to check it out. This George son of Kezia was high on my list of possibles.

One thing that drew me was that he came from East End, his mum came from Leytonstone (not too far from Romford) and that she had moved south of the River. If he did return to or stay in the Whitechapel area he would probably have used the lodging houses. I also connected the training ship and his military type mentioned. I never did find his marriage so thats a great bit of info, Thanks.

If it is his brother living in Dorset street thats another connection.
      I love the process of elimination.......Thankyou !

Pat.......................

Comment

• Hi Sally, Thanks for the info. I had found that family too when checking out Georges and wondered about the Seaman. I think I found that he had been to sea a few times, I will try to check it out. This George son of Kezia was high on my list of possibles.
        Hi Pat - I got this from old notes; I've looked into a lot of people, but seldom get anywhere! Well, once or twice, perhaps. I hadn't found that this George had been to sea a few times, but obviously to be expected. In any event, by the time he was marrried, he seems to have quit that life. I don't think I followed him any further than that, so any later records for him would be interesting.

One thing that drew me was that he came from East End, his mum came from Leytonstone (not too far from Romford) and that she had moved south of the River. If he did return to or stay in the Whitechapel area he would probably have used the lodging houses. I also connected the training ship and his military type mentioned. I never did find his marriage so thats a great bit of info, Thanks.

If it is his brother living in Dorset street thats another connection.
        I love the process of elimination.......Thankyou !
        Yes, I take your point about this George - but have a look at his marriage certificate and see what you think. With regard to John, I think there's a real possibility of a match with the Dorset St lodger; since I haven't found John William in the 1881 census or the lodger anywhere else. Obviously there could be other explanations - but possible, certainly.

Good luck with your research!

Comment

• Sally,

Hi Sally I did see that he possibly went to court for larceny from a ship and receiving, on 16th Jan 1873. He was aquitted.
          Saw the wedding, signature not the one is it. Actually the registras looked more like it !...

Of all the signatures I have looked at I can honestly say I have not found any quite right.

In my own family we had a man who ran off with another woman and started another family. It was definitely the same chap but the signatures were quite different when compared. There was about 10 or so years between the writing of them though.

If I find any more I will let you know

Pat..........................

Comment

• Also Sally

His wife died after 3 years of marriage in 1898 and he later married her sister Minnie Amelia Vines in Islington around 1900...In the 1901 census she is Amelia Hutchinson....

Pat.......................

Comment

Working...
            X