Library of Congress Historic Newspaper Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library of Congress Historic Newspaper Collection

The U.S. Library of Congress has a large collection digitized U.S. newspapers on-line. The NY Times is missing but the New York Tribune is there as well as the Atlanta Constitution and other large city papers. Some of the smaller papers are interesting such as the Alexandria Gazette of 09/18/1888 which states police had taken into custody a German by the name of Ludwig. I used the search criteria of "Whitechapel" and the appropriate date range and had the results sorted by date.

Anyway, the link is:

Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1756-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.

Be good,

Billy

Correction, the Atlanta Constitution is NOT at the LOC! I got confused on my digital newspaper sources. That paper is on a subscription site, Fold3.

My apologies,

Billy

Comment

G'Day Toofew

Just saw your post about library of Congress online, thanks for sharing that information.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

My pleasure GUT. Would anyone like me to download and save as either JPG or PDF files the relevant Atlanta Constitution and/or the San Francisco Chronicle articles?

Billy

Comment

Working...
        X