Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book

To anybody interested:

I have written a book on the 'Jack the Ripper' mystery that contains new photos (one of Montague Druitt is on the cover, while there are two others of the likely murderer inside) and entirely new sources.

Its central thesis is that Sir Melville Macnaghten posthumously solved the case in 1891. He subsequently disguised the solution for the Edwardian public via his friend; the famous writer George Sims.

The book will include for the first time ever a bombshell source--unknown since 1922--that arguably supports this revisionist take on a well-worn subject.

'Jack the Ripper--Case Solved, 1891' will be released by McFarland and Co. on March 15th, 2015:

I'll keep my eye open for that one...

Good luck with it Jonathan.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I will look forward to it.

Good luck with it.

Comment

It's about damn time, Hainsworth! I'm looking forward to it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Is it coming out on the kindle?
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

It will be very refreshing to have a book written about a person who has been forgotten about a little bit over the years and also a rarity someone actually mentioned by a police officer and in my opinion the most likely candidate for the crown of jack the ripper.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Thanks!

Thank-you to all the posters who have expressed support and interest in my book.

Whether good or bad, it will not be a pointless rehash of what previous books have already done so brilliantly (Farson, Cullen, Odell, Evans, Rumbelow, Begg, Fido, Sudgen, et al.).

For example, the actual murders only make up about two (and a half) of seventeen chapters. This may disappoint some readers, which is fair enough, but I am trying to say something new about a well-worn subject from a fresh angle: a grotesque story starring an attractive protagonist.

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

Congratulations, I will keep my eye out for it. Looking forward to reading it.

Carl

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

All good fortune to you and your book.

May the force be with you.

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Good news,

I wish you well Jonathan, looking forward to this.

Monty
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Any DNA involved...?

Seriously, the best of luck with the book, Jonathan!

Fisherman

Comment

Sorry Pinkmoon

Yes, it's coming out on Kindle.

To Fisherman

I have recently added to the manuscript, e.g. to debunk the DNA 'solution'.

Comment

Congratulations Jonathan I'll be on the lookout.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Jonathan

I told you elsewhere I'd buy it and I certainly will...it's in my ("obsessive" as my missus calls it) red book...I just hope your writing style equates to your usual web-based thoroughness (and patience with morons like me!)...

All the best as always

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              Hi Jonathan

I told you elsewhere I'd buy it and I certainly will...it's in my ("obsessive" as my missus calls it) red book...I just hope your writing style equates to your usual web-based thoroughness (and patience with morons like me!)...

All the best as always

Dave
                              They do have a problem with us enjoying ourselves don't they I mean how offensive is it reading books anyway oh the joys of marriage.

Comment

Working...
                              X