Henry Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Kelly

I found the following Henry Kelly died in 1899 this was advertised in a welsh newspaper. Does any of you have access to military info regarding this man?
    Pat.......
    Attached Files

G'day Paddy,

Not really however this might assist .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...3December_1899)

First Phase Oct-Dec 1899

Last edited by DJA; 07-18-2018, 11:15 PM.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Thanks Dave I will have a read of these....
      Pat

Comment

Last one probably what you seek.

Had interruptions when posting.

Comment

As Dave says, hese would appear to be the names of the 2nd Battalion enlisted men killed at Ladysmith on 30th Oct 1899;

"At the battle of Ladysmith on 30th October the battalion was with Grimwood on the right (see 1st Liverpools) and was hardly pressed all morning. Their losses were approximately 1 officer wounded, 8 men killed, 29 wounded, and some missing."

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            I found the following Henry Kelly died in 1899 this was advertised in a welsh newspaper. Does any of you have access to military info regarding this man?
            Pat.......
            Useful biographical and service information on soldiers usually comes mainly from Chelsea Pension records, Pat. As Henry died before he was pensioned there doesn't seem to be any military records relating to him.

Comment

My subscription to Forces War Records has expired, but a search shows a Private H Kelly 454 King's Royal Rifle Corps in 1899. Which may be your man. Although the same name and number show up as a rifleman in 1899 and 1902 so maybe not.
              Interestingly, the same search shows a private H Kelly 5465 in the Royal Irish Rifles in 1900.

Comment

I found this and think it is him

Name: H Kelly Killed 30 Oct 1899 at Farquars Farm
                Force: Natal Field Force
                Regiment: Royal Rifle Corps
                Battalion: 2nd
                Number: 454

Pat.......

Comment

Comment

Thanks for this info all of you.....I will have a read later ...Thanks Pat

Comment

Working...
                    X