Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Films (lists up to participating site members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of trivia.

What did Ripper Street and Jack the Ripper's wife have in common?
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      He was OK in the late 1960s Kings Cross production of "Hair".

Thought "The Castle" was over rated.

Not a fan.

Thanks,I'll keep clear of that one.

Edit. JB HiFi in Oz has Ripper Street 1 & 2 on DVD for $23.98 until Sunday.
      Sorry everyone! I meant Keaton of course!

Comment

• Oh!

That Michael Caton

Comment

• Oh, All right! I feel stupid, or more stupid than usual!

Comment

• Not at all.

Edit. We Aussies have a sense of humour.

You know that from experience.

Kindly accept my apology.
            Last edited by DJA; 12-01-2015, 07:05 PM. Reason: Gettin' real

Comment

• Don't apologise please, DJA. As a fellow Aussie I know where you're coming from! (I don't know where I got Caton from!)

Comment

• Bogan icon.

Comment

He was OK in the late 1960s Kings Cross production of "Hair".

Thought "The Castle" was over rated.

Not a fan.

Thanks,I'll keep clear of that one.

Edit. JB HiFi in Oz has Ripper Street 1 & 2 on DVD for $23.98 until Sunday.
                  I thought the Castle was a good laugh and a lot of quotes have passed into everyday language.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Not at all.

Edit. We Aussies have a sense of humour.

You know that from experience.

Kindly accept my apology.
                    Boy some other nationalities have a problem with our sense of humour, became apparent on our cruise.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• ^ Which other nationalities had a problem, Gut? There might have been a bit of a language difficulty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                        ^ Which other nationalities had a problem, Gut? There might have been a bit of a language difficulty!
                        Language I can understand and saw a few funny ones that resulted from that.

But certain some Yanks (well they were the main ones that missed some of the humour) have had their funny taken out.

Though one dear was thrilled to hear a certain Aussie say "Bugg...d if I know" so said bloke let go with a few "Strewths" and "Bl00.. Rippers" and other such terms, I think it made her cruise.
                        G U T

Comment

• Heres a virtual movie of the celebrated Australian poet Henry Lawson reading his humorous poem "When Your Pants Begin To Go" The poem was first published in...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                            ^ Which other nationalities had a problem, Gut? There might have been a bit of a language difficulty!
                            We thrive on that.

Also a nation of Ripperologists.....

Ripper mate!
                            Gotta go for a slash!

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              "Bugg...d if I know"
                              My cockatoo joins in conversations and adds that when there is a lull.

He has people rolling on the ground laughing at times.

So much so,that they max out the required brain chemicals and become unable to laugh for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                                It's been over a month, so I propose this topic for our next bunch of films. It seems suggested to me by recent events and a personality on this board:

Movies with a Know-it-all, self-satisfied, or pretentious character in them:

[Sometimes the character may actually be one who is genuinely a genius and the hero. More frequently it's a self-deluded phony]

1) Clifton Webb as "Lynn Belvedere" in "Sitting Pretty", "Mr. Belvedere Goes to College", and "Mr. Belvedere Rings the Bell"
                                2) Monty Wooley as "Sheridan Whiteside" in "The Man Who Came to Dinner"
                                3) Robert Morley as "Andrew Undershaft" in "Major Barbara"
                                4) Leslie Howard as "Professor Henry Higgins" in "Pygmalion"
                                a) Honorable mention: Esme Percy as "Zoltan Karpathy" in "Pygmalion"
                                5) Rex Harrison as "Professor Henry Higgins" in "My Fair Lady"
                                a) Honorable mention: Theodore Bikel as "Zoltan Karpathy" in "My Fair Lady". [R.I.P. Mr. Bikel. I was fortunate to see you twice in your one man show.]
                                7) Fred MacMurray in "The Absent Minded Professor" and "Son of Flubber"
                                6) Sig Ruman as "Colonel Erhardt" in "To Be or Not To Be"

Please add any you can think of.
                                "The Man Who Came to Dinner" is one of my favourite films, and surely one of the funniest ever made.

I attach a link of Jimmy Durante singing to Monty.
                                I am sure that his laughter at the Schnozz's antics is genuine.

Comment

Working...
                                X