Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Behind a bigger one?
    Interesting response Karl, but not the correct one.

Comment

I think I know the answer Jeff, but, in the spirit of Pierre's posts, I'm not going to tell you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
        I think I know the answer Jeff, but, in the spirit of Pierre's posts, I'm not going to tell you!

Comment

You hide a tree in a forest of other trees.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
            Love the cheekiness of your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              You hide a tree in a forest of other trees.
              Thanks Pat, you're right. I did hope Pierre would try to answer it. Apparently it was too unimportant for him to answer.

The next part of the question is, where do you hide a body?

Anyone ever read G. K. Chesterton's "The Sign of the Broken Sword"? Good Father Brown story.

Jeff

Comment

The only link I can think of between Mary Queen of Scots and De Keyser is they were both Catholic. I assume as an Irish girl, Mary Jane Kelly was too.

Comment

Originally posted by Panderoona View Post
                  The only link I can think of between Mary Queen of Scots and De Keyser is they were both Catholic. I assume as an Irish girl, Mary Jane Kelly was too.
                  If memory serves, she was given a Catholic burial, at the suggestion of her landlord and Joe Barnett.

And Mayerling, I've got some space in my freezer if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                    Thanks Pat, you're right. I did hope Pierre would try to answer it. Apparently it was too unimportant for him to answer.

The next part of the question is, where do you hide a body?

Anyone ever read G. K. Chesterton's "The Sign of the Broken Sword"? Good Father Brown story.

Jeff
                    In a forest of bodies - a battlefield.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Interesting answer, Pierre. One might also say, in a morgue, or in a graveyard...

I wonder if the better question isn't : "how do you hide a murder?"

In which case, you'd only need to committ a murder at the same general time and in the same general place as a string of other murders credited to a brutal, unknown killer.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Interesting answer, Pierre. One might also say, in a morgue, or in a graveyard...

In which case, you'd only need to committ a murder at the same general time and in the same general place as a string of other murders credited to a brutal, unknown killer.
                        Sure, but I do not think Barnett is the killer of Kelly. I go where the sources lead me. And they do not lead me to Barnett but to another man.

Regards Pierre

Comment

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I'm not entirely sure where you are going with this. It has not been established that MJK's murder was that of a copycat. If you ask me it has not been established that it was JtR's work, either, but it seems you are arguing that what Pierre is hinting at is false because JtR was not the perpetrator - which would itself be a fallacious line of reasoning as it assumes facts not in evidence, as it were.

Comment

Pierre you stated that "He chose Kelly some time before Lord Mayor´s Day" and I understood you to say that he timed the discovery of the murder to cause maximum impact with regard to the Lord Mayor's parade.

However, you also believe he didn't have to wait for anything but took has opportunities as they presented. Though it sounds as if he may have bided his time in killing Kelly.

So this seems to raise some possibilities.

If Kelly had still been with Barnett properly, she would probably not have been involved in prostitution at the time of her murder. Therefore, Jack may not have had an opportunity to murder Kelly in that case - so if he had a plan to impact on the events of 9th November would have had to select another victim. Did he therefore have his other victims already selected too?

Even having selected and murdered Kelly as he did, he couldn't have known that she would have been discovered when she was (and I think you hinted that he might have expected a later discovery). I mean he couldn't have known that McCarthy was going to send Bowyer to collect the rent that morning could he?

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                                Pierre you stated that "He chose Kelly some time before Lord Mayor´s Day" and I understood you to say that he timed the discovery of the murder to cause maximum impact with regard to the Lord Mayor's parade.

However, you also believe he didn't have to wait for anything but took has opportunities as they presented. Though it sounds as if he may have bided his time in killing Kelly.

So this seems to raise some possibilities.

If Kelly had still been with Barnett properly, she would probably not have been involved in prostitution at the time of her murder. Therefore, Jack may not have had an opportunity to murder Kelly in that case - so if he had a plan to impact on the events of 9th November would have had to select another victim. Did he therefore have his other victims already selected too?

Well, you see, "would have" is not an historical issue. History is built on events that are established to have happened. This means that we can´t build the scientifically based history on evidence that are not there and on things that never happened.

Even having selected and murdered Kelly as he did, he couldn't have known that she would have been discovered when she was (and I think you hinted that he might have expected a later discovery). I mean he couldn't have known that McCarthy was going to send Bowyer to collect the rent that morning could he?

We can not know what the murderer did or didn´t know about McCarthy, or if he knew anything at all. There is no evidence for that. Perhaps one could generelly suppose that a lot of people wanted to go to Lord Mayor´s Show and that the murderer also could be assuming that. But there is no evedence for that either. We know a lot about Kelly and the murderer knew very little. But in some important ways he knew more than we do. He was there and we weren´t.
                                Regards Pierre
                                Last edited by Pierre; 11-07-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X