This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    I guess I'm having difficulty imagining the torsoripper doing the double event sat/sun and then dumping the torso Monday?
    What if the double event didn't include Stride at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      I am always amazed how you are willing to set aside a more obvious choice, that Wildbore does present an interesting suspect for just the Torso murders and really has no connective thread to any of the "Ripper" murders, for a position insists that one man did both series.
      Thatīs because just the one man DID both series, Michael. I am certain that the 1873 torso, Liz Jackson, Annie Chapman and Mary Kelly fell prey to the same killer, and I feel very justified in saying that the 1887 torso, the Whitehall torso and the Pinchin Street torso also belonged, just as Polly Nichols and Catherine Eddowes did.

Those are the more or less given ones, and there is good reason to add the 1874 torso, the Tottenham torso, Martha Tabram and Elizabeth Stride too.

So what I did when speaking to Jerry was to point out how I would probably have been of a different mindset if there only was the one deed, the Whitehall deed. And I did it in recognition of Jerrys eminent work, which impresses me much.

Comment

hey fish
        yes I think if anything is going on the killer is tipping off the press.

what I have a question about is if it was the torsokiller-when is the torso deposited in the vault-whats the latest it could have been dumped there? whats the most likely scenario of how long the torso was there before it was discovered?

I guess I'm having difficulty imagining the torsoripper doing the double event sat/sun and then dumping the torso Monday?
        The torso COULD have been dumped there the weekend leadaing up to how it was found, I guess - if we can find an explanation for the blackened wall behind it.

"Most likely" is another matter - you will get different answers on that one, depending on who you talk to.

I have no problems with the killer multitasking - there are many serialists who have killed twice or thrice on the same outing, like Robert Yates and David Carpenter, for example, who otherwise picked victims one by one.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post

That of course dents the Lechmere is JtR case just a tad, but of course very possible.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            That of course dents the Lechmere is JtR case just a tad, but of course very possible.

Steve
            When I read this I was asking myself "Has Steve ever posted the words īthat would strengthen the Lechmere case somewhat?ī, or are these poests of his always aiming at things that potentially can damage the Lechmere theory?"

I arrived at the conclusion that I donīt think he has ever posted anything at all about things that would strengthen the Lechmere theory.

Not that I need it.

Just as I donīt loose sleep over how it MAY damage the Lechmere theory if Stride was not killed by the carman.

I keep working from the assumption that she was killed by Lechmere, but as I just said, she is no clear cut case (excuse that tasteless pun...), and I am quite open to any evidence speaking against it.

Thatīs how I try to balance matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Thatīs because just the one man DID both series, Michael.
              So much for objectivity!

It's highly questionable whether one man was responsible for either series, let alone both.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                When I read this I was asking myself "Has Steve ever posted the words īthat would strengthen the Lechmere case somewhat?ī, or are these poests of his always aiming at things that potentially can damage the Lechmere theory?"

I arrived at the conclusion that I donīt think he has ever posted anything at all about things that would strengthen the Lechmere theory.

Well I have yet to see anything which strengthens the case, it's that simple.
                I was initially hopeful with the "blood evidence " it seemed to be based in science; unfortunately that was only an initial view.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                  Well I have yet to see anything which strengthens the case, it's that simple.
                  I was initially hopeful with the "blood evidence " it seemed to be based in science; unfortunately that was only an initial view.

Steve
                  The fact that a torso was found on Pinchin Street strengthens the case.

The fact that his mother lived in Mary Ann Street strengthtens he case.

The fact that Lechmere has logical ties to all the murder sites in the Ripper series strengthens the case.

For example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    So much for objectivity!

It's highly questionable whether one man was responsible for either series, let alone both.
                    If I call a red car red, it is perfectly objective. But not to you. You call red cars blue.

Thatīs where we differ.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                      Hi Jer
                      I have always had stride as a ripper victim-peaked cap man and all that.

I guess what I'm tryng to say is if it was the torsoripper, than that's an aweful lot of activity! double event sat/sun and then dumping torso in WH on Monday?
                      or Tuesday?

how long was the victim dead before she was placed in the vault again?
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                        I am always amazed how you are willing to set aside a more obvious choice, that Wildbore does present an interesting suspect for just the Torso murders and really has no connective thread to any of the "Ripper" murders, for a position insists that one man did both series.
                        Wildbore is an extremely suspicious chap for the torso murders IMHO and if the torsoripper is one man, why couldn't he have traveled into WC to do the ripper deeds?

the similar sig and MO(partial) is what ties the two together and if wildbore is responsible for the torsos, what rules him out for the ripper murders?

and don't forget the pinchin torso is right in the ripper territory. If it was wildbore than I'm suspecting he had a mode of transportation. nothing too incredible about that.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishmonger
                          The fact that Lechmere has logical ties to all the murder sites in the Ripper series strengthens the case.
                          when a serious ripper researcher (not my words) decides that a certain suspect took a certain route to go somewhere isn't it just complete conjecture and actually they have no idea which streets the guy took?
                          Last edited by RockySullivan; 11-13-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

if the torsoripper is one man,
                            even if the torso ripper is one man, his name should still be two words shouldn't it?

Comment

how long was the victim dead before she was placed in the vault again?
                              That point is arguable, I guess Abby. Dr. Bond said late August, early September. That was after seeing the condition of the leg and torso. Dr. Neville, who examined the arm immediately after it was discovered and was the first of the parts discovered, had death around the 8th or 9th of September. Dr. Neville did not attend the inquest instead saying he would trust Dr. Bond would come to the same conclusion as he did for the TOD or something to that effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                                even if the torso ripper is one man, his name should still be two words shouldn't it?
                                LOL. Not if its Torsoripper.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X