account of a recent brief "conversation" about Jack the Stripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• account of a recent brief "conversation" about Jack the Stripper

A few months ago, I was at the "Garfield's Last Stand" bar [it has an image of Garfield the cat, and it is the only bar, as far as I've discovered on the Internet search] named as such. It is in Angeles City, near where Clark U.S. Air Force Base used to be in the Philippines, where I'm still residing until November 2 of this year when I move back to Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a small bar full of "questionable" men - and most of the patrons are British and American. There are also a few Australians who frequent the bar.

The manager of the bar is a former London cop named Beverly Perrin. Mr. Perrin is a former London cop, at least according to him. He has grey hair and is a bit on the chubby side and is probably about 5' 7" tall. He always wears what seem like "hippy" Indian design shirts and pants, but he hardly strikes me as the "hippy" type. During one conversation, I asked him when he was in the London police, and I believe I recall that he said 1969.
    I asked him about the Jack the Stripper murders, and he said he didn't know what I was talking about. I referred to them then as the London Thames Murders, and he still basically denied that he had any knowledge or awareness of the crimes. This struck me as very strange that This Mr. Perrin was a cop in London in 1969 and knew nothing about the Jack the Stripper murders?

I've tried many times to converse with Mr. Perrin, but he is often very aloof and tends to brush me off.

However, before I leave the Philippines, I might return to the bar and ask Mr. Perrin again, and ask for specifics about his work as a police officer in London, if there is any truth to it.

Raymond

The last murder was likely in 1965 but he should have heard of it. There was one theory that the killer moved to Australia.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Met Police Officer?

At 5' 7" I'm pretty sure he would not have been in the Met in the '60s. That was below the minimum height requirement. The Met are/were very picky about who they take on. When I went for my interview there was a Scottish DC there applying to transfer to the Met and they didn't take him.

Comment

Maybe it was the kilt not the height that swayed them!!!
        Seriously though this is a tad suspicious....Hmmmmmmmm shades of Lucan I feel....

Suz x
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Yes the Key murders are:

Figg 1959: Possible different MO

Rees 1963: Badly decomposed (might have been abortion gone wrong?)

Core:
          Tailford: 1964
          Lockwood: 1964
          Barthelemy: 1964
          Fleming: 1964
          Brown: 1964

And lastly O'Hara 1965 who fits pattern and murder, but was more of a casual prostitute than a professional like the others.

also Goldie 1965. found in Thames. Suggested victim by Morton.

Yes we do have an unknown suspect that was in the police force and moved to Australia.

However Bob Hinton is correct about the MET height restrictions.

I'd be very careful about accusing this man of being Jack the Stripper on the information you have provided.

Yours Pirate

If your reading this Neil good luck with the application. keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          X