The Time Is Drawing Near...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Time Is Drawing Near...

The registration deadline for the 2008 Jack the Ripper Conference is September 8th --not much more than two weeks away. If you plan on attending, make sure you send in a registration soon.

We still have spaces left, but I've heard from the previous organizers that several people wait until the last minute. If you're one of them, don't take too huge a gamble on spaces being left. We don't want you to be left out!

Check the website at ripperology.com/conference for registration information, and get those deposits in.

Seriously, you'll be kicking yourself if you miss this one. 120 after the murders and we've got so much new stuff!

Alas, I won't be making it to Knoxville for the conference. It'll be the first one I've missed in a long time. Between deadlines and "hitting the wall" with all the travel this year, my good sense tells me to stay put. I canceled another convention, as well, just for the same reasons.

For those of you making the trek to TN, please let us know how it all went. I'm sure I'll kick myself when it's over, so this will be your chance to let me know what a boneheaded decision I made.

And be sure to rib Alan Sharp about his latest cool thing -- he's performing stand-up comedy. Maybe you can ply him with spirits and have him do his routine.

Enjoy folks!

Jana

Cross-Posted on JtR Forums.
    “Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him.” -- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Comment

Jana--

You will definitely be missed, and I hope you don't end up kicking yourself too hard.

We'll make Alan do stand up after we get him likkered (that's Tennessee spelling) up enough to reprise "Danny Boy" again this year. That is if he can still, erm...stand up.

Comment

For the rest of you guys: the deadline is slightly less than a week away. We're racking up more cool stuff for the conference almost every day now. I think we have some of the most unusual raffle items ever. And six first-rate speakers you'll hear everyone talking about later.

Sell the kids, hock the jewels, rent a camel. We have spaces left, but the deadline is ticking away.

Read more about it or sign up ASAP: http://ripperology/conference.

As always, you can ask me anything. Send me a pm or an email at ripperconference@gmail.com.

-Kelly

Comment

We're down to just a couple of days now. If you've been putting it off, now's the time.

I've heard from quite a few people who seem to have made plane reservations and taken the time off from work, etc. that have not technically registered.

Make sure you have actually registered for the conference!

For those who have sent in deposits: 1) The balance is due.
          2) Thank you for registering early!

Questions? Concerns? Tasty low-fat recipes? Send 'em to me: ripperconference@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
          X