mysteryquest episode on jack 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysteryquest episode on jack 2010

HI, I'm new here, i saw the mystery quest episode on jack and with new forensic writing techniques, I personally feel that Dr. Tumblety is jack or was jack rather. They had a forensic writing expert look over all the ripper letters and she felt that the From Hell letter was genuine because among other things, the writer wrote with big sweeping loops on their Y's and other letters which is characteristic of someone who invades people's space and is common with rapists or serial killers. and the writer's word choice pointed to a foreigner, an Irishman and Tumblety did have some Irish in him. further more, the From Hell letter matched the handwriting of Tumblety's other doctor letters and notes. With his reputation and new documents that came to light, this documentary seemed to point him as the killer. Its on Youtube so check it out if you haven't seen it.

Hi Atrain,

I've seen a Mystery Quest episode not so long ago in which they named Jacob Levy as the most likely suspect - have we seen two different episodes? In any case, it was pretty interesting...

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

that is weird, i looked up the suspect info on this man and well his deeds are questionable, his situation and state of mind are not as bad as with doc Tumblety. I wouldn't say he's not a suspect but i don't feel he was jack. Tumblety's actions are much more extreme, plus his hatred of woman. and his wife left him...plus she was a former prostitute. Lets not forget he kept woman's uterus's and organized them by social class could there possibly be two different episodes of mystery quest dealing with jack? not sure, i just know the one i saw, really sold me on tumblety and the coincidences were too weird. look it up on you tube and see if its the same one, i doubt it though.

Comment

Hi Atrain,

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have the right software to download on Youtube, so can't check it out. I guess they must have made 2 different episodes....did the episode you saw include interviews with Donald Rumbelow and Pat Brown? They were both in the episode about Jacob Levy.

As for Tumblety, he's far from being the worst suspect, but a lot of recent evidence uncovered about him would apparently suggest he might not be such a likely candidate.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

If i can recall i think i have seen it with don rumbalow i just can't remember if it was the first episode or the second one, it's been awhile since i have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrain View Post
            that is weird, i looked up the suspect info on this man and well his deeds are questionable, his situation and state of mind are not as bad as with doc Tumblety. I wouldn't say he's not a suspect but i don't feel he was jack. Tumblety's actions are much more extreme, plus his hatred of woman. and his wife left him...
            Hi Atrain, what about revenge? Jacob may have very well blamed the prostitutes for the cause of his illness and the failure of his once successful butchering business. Also this: His previous history was that he was sentenced to twelve months imprisonment back in 1886, but was instead sent to the Essex County asylum. Additional observations during his term at Stone was that his wife had complained that he almost ruined her business: "he also feels that if he is not restrained he will do some violence to someone; he complains about hearing strange noises; cries for no reason; feels compelled to do acts that his conscience cannot stand; and has a conscience of a feeling of exaltation". His wife also revealed that he was formerly a shrewd businessman and that "he does not sleep at nights and wanders around aimlessly for hours".

Comment

He's certainly worthy of a much closer look at (Levy, I mean).....as an interesting aside, he died in 1891, the same year the Whitechapel murders stopped. Hmm....

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Greetings all,

This particular MysterQuest episode was on Francis Tumblety. The forensic handwriting expert was Michelle Dresbold, the forensic expert was Brent Turvey, and the ripper expert was Stewart Evans. The show is based upon the discoveries of Stewart Evans beginning in the 1990s. Tumblety being a serious Jack the Ripper suspect has been going back-n-forth between the top ripperology experts and continues to this day. It is not boring times! Check out the other threads.

Sincerely,

Mike
                The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hey MKL,

Hmm, that's interesting. I seem to remember that there was also a "History's Secrets" episode about JTR....anybody familiar with that?

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

Just to clear things up, the programme about Tumblety and Mary Pearcey (why she was included is anyone's guess) was an hour long including ad breaks and part of a series called Mystery Quest. The thought provoking show looking at Jacob Levy was half an hour long and from a series called Mystery Files.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                    X