Jack the Ripper Opera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper Opera

I have recently booked to see Jack the Ripper: The Women of Whitechapel at the ENO in spring next year. It is the premiere of Iain Bell's Opera which focuses on the victims rather than the murderer. Came across it by chance so thought I'd share in case anyone here thought is sounded interesting. Link below:

Find out more about ENO's new opera production of Jack the Ripper: The Women of Whitechapel including videos, photos, and an introductory guide.

Thanks for the link!

Magnificent cast and conductor. I think I'll check that out myself.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Cast list here:

Find out more about ENO's new opera production of Jack the Ripper: The Women of Whitechapel including videos, photos, and an introductory guide.

Interesting to see that they've written a part for Squibby, and I'm guessing that "Sergeant Johnny Strong" is a fictionalised version of Sgt William Thick.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Cast list here:

Interesting to see that they've written a part for Squibby, and I'm guessing that "Sergeant Johnny Strong" is a fictionalised version of Sgt William Thick.
        'Squibby' in an opera? Whatever next?

Comment

Cast list here:

But who is Maud?

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
            But who is Maud?
            What is she? that all our swains commend her?

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
              But who is Maud?
              Given that she'll be played by Dame Josephine Barstow, it's evidently a "mature" role.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Given that she'll be played by Dame Josephine Barstow, it's evidently a "mature" role.
                Of course, she will be the mother/grandmother of JtR who, slighted by the C5 sets Jack off on his murderous spree. There. Solved the whole mystery, we can now disband the web-site.

Oh! Evidence - who needs that.

Comment

Working...
                X