Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something odd in the file on MJK

Hi all,
    I'm guessing this has been commented before.

Anyone else think it odd that within the files on the Kelly murder is a news paper report dated 10th Nov on the murder ?
    Considering that the Police would know that it is an inaccurate account.
    Then as I read it, something that is supposedly inaccurate stood out, because only an hour earlier I was reading up on Maxwell's sighting of Kelly alive.
    The paper reports a velvet bodice found in the room. ( not mentioned in official reports )
    Maxwell states Kelly was wearing a a velvet bodice the morning she was supposed to be dead.
    At the inquest, Maxwell stuck to her guns and was most definit certain she saw Kelly that morning and nothing could sway her to change her mind.
    So back to that news paper report, something tells me that the Police were desperate for that velvet bodice to be mentioned in the report, Maxwell had to be discredited.
    Why else would you have this inaccurate report filed ?

Regards

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone else think it odd that within the files on the Kelly murder is a news paper report dated 10th Nov on the murder ?
    Then as I read it, something that is supposedly inaccurate stood out, because only an hour earlier I was reading up on Maxwell's sighting of Kelly alive.
    The paper reports a velvet bodice found in the room. ( not mentioned in official reports )
    Maxwell states Kelly was wearing a a velvet bodice the morning she was supposed to be dead.
    At the inquest, Maxwell stuck to her guns and was most definit certain she saw Kelly that morning and nothing could sway her to change her mind.
    So back to that news paper report, something tells me that the Police were desperate for that velvet bodice to be mentioned in the report, Maxwell had to be discredited.

Regards
    Hi , me again.

Yes....I've just spotted a flaw in my thinking lol,
    However the question remains why that paper report?

Regards

Comment

Hi again,
      Actually my first post is correct after all.
      I thought my flaw was that the inquest was held after the news paper report, but double checking, it seems Maxwell's statement was made on the day of the murder.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
        Hi all,

Regards
        Hello spyglass

If you see the complete files, there are quite a number of newspaper reports in among the actual reports of witness sightings, reports of various police officers and officials, etc. I don't think you should put any special significance on it but rather that the files were to an extent a grab bag of anything and all on the case. For some reason the articles, accurate or not, landed up in the files. After all we are talking about a bureaucracy, people shuffling paper.

Best regards

Chris
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
          Hello spyglass

If you see the complete files, there are quite a number of newspaper reports in among the actual reports of witness sightings, reports of various police officers and officials, etc. I don't think you should put any special significance on it but rather that the files were to an extent a grab bag of anything and all on the case. For some reason the articles, accurate or not, landed up in the files. After all we are talking about a bureaucracy, people shuffling paper.

Best regards

Chris
          That would seem to be standard practice in those days. It was clearly evident in the SB registers

Comment

Working...
          X