• Show
Clear All

• A Picture of London BBC2 Saturday 26 May

A Picture of London
    BBC 2
    Saturday 26 May
    21:15 - 22:15
    Duration: 1 hour

From its early years until the present day, London has provided powerful, emotional inspiration to artists.

This documentary evokes the city as seen by painters, photographers, film-makers and writers through the ages; the perspectives of Dickens, Hogarth, Turner, Virginia Wolfe, Monet and Alfred Hitchcock alongside those of contemporary Londoners who tread the streets of the city every day.

All these people have found beauty and inspiration in London's dirt and grime.

Architects and social engineers have strived to organise London, but painters, writers and many more have revelled in its labyrinthine unruliness.

This is the story of a city that tried to impose order on its streets, but actually discovered time after time that its true character lay in an unplanned, chaotic nature

Can Anybody Help?

Hi Chris.

I looked at the BBC's page for this upcoming show, and there were a couple of preview video clips available. I clicked on them only to find they wouldn't play, apparently because I'm in the U.S.

I can't understand why free BBC videos are unwatchable from the U.S. I can usually play BBC radio shows alright, but not BBC video.

If UK videos use some different format than US videos, why can they both play on YouTube?

This show looks terrific; I'd really like to be able to watch it. Maybe somebody can suggest a way around the current barrier?

Thanks and best regards,
    Archaic

Comment

Hi I have had the reverse problem of some US material and sites not being available in the UK
      I can only assume it has to do with some obscure copyright legislation
      If I can find a way round I'll let you know

Comment

Thanks, Chris; I'll do the same.

Best regards,
        Archaic

Comment

Working...
        X