Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did JTR ever change his M.O. intentionally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the same as LISK gut, he always switching back and forth between dismemberments in suitcases or torso displays, leaving a skull and foot some 40 miles from the body, or leaving full bodies on the side of the highway. So it's possible the overlap because were not sure what would be the reason of dismemberment vs ripper style

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
      The more I think about It the more it looks like Jack and the Torso killer are on and the same. The ripper clearly honed it skills somehow an it's no likely to me Jack just started or stopped. If we look at the Long Island Serial Killer, he clearly switches his MO from dumping whole bodies to dismembering frequently over the past 20 years. The latest body which was dumped in Egg harbor township was a girl dismembered in suitcase. The 4 women found in the same town in 2006 were not dismembered but this latest kill leaves little doubt about one Killer frequently changing his MO.

Serial Killers do change there MO and I think the ripper did. Jack really cut up those girls fast and knew exactly what he was doing it only makes sense for him to have had practice with many other victims. If you look at the LISK case the more you see it makes sense torso was jack. Perhaps he just couldn't dismember some nights and he planned attacks on the streets becuz he was confident in his ability and it's also an added thrill level with the risk involved
      Hi rocky
      All the torso victims had abdominal mutilations and were similar in victimology. I have always thought that if (and that's a big if) the torso and jack were the same than perhaps the torso victims were a result of jack being able to take them back to a private place for the mutilations and the dismemberment was for ease in removing the bodies from his place. The ripper victims were ones he couldn't bring to his place and had to kill in the street.

Also, I agree his fetish was the internal organs, mutilation and what he could do with his nice sharp knife.

Comment

I suspect that Sickert did. He wanted to have one of his area's first motor center. Knowing how to change one's Motor Oil would, of course, be a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Hi rocky
          All the torso victims had abdominal mutilations and were similar in victimology. I have always thought that if (and that's a big if) the torso and jack were the same than perhaps the torso victims were a result of jack being able to take them back to a private place for the mutilations and the dismemberment was for ease in removing the bodies from his place. The ripper victims were ones he couldn't bring to his place and had to kill in the street.

Also, I agree his fetish was the internal organs, mutilation and what he could do with his nice sharp knife.
          I agree with the fetish to an extent, but also think that there was something with the victimology beyond convenience.

Tom noted a few pages back that the MO changed after Chapman because he stopped trying to decapitate his victims. This would have to be revised, of course, if Jack was also the torso killer. Maybe he realized decapitation wasn't worth the time/effort in a time-sensitive environment.

But - Torso Murders aside - this still leaves Kelly. Why wasn't she decapitated? Clearly Jack showed earlier interest in this. He had plenty of time and mutilated her body in just about every other way. It seems like a notable omission. Had he completely lost interest in decapitation? If so, why? And/or, was he not physically strong enough to accomplish this task with the tools at his disposal and after Chapman he realized this? If so, what does that tell us about the killer?

Comment

I'm by no means big noting myself here guys so please don't think I am because I'm not but I believe I was the first to suggest a change of MO when I discussed the possibility, which I now believe to be fact, that Jack crossed the Atlantic and killed Carrie Brown in America.

Now can someone please help me? I would like the year the official Scotland Yard investigation in to the murders ceased. Thanks in advance
            Mr Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
              I'm by no means big noting myself here guys so please don't think I am because I'm not but I believe I was the first to suggest a change of MO when I discussed the possibility, which I now believe to be fact, that Jack crossed the Atlantic and killed Carrie Brown in America.

Now can someone please help me? I would like the year the official Scotland Yard investigation in to the murders ceased. Thanks in advance
              Mr Holmes
              Sickert never travelled to America.

His rage, IMHO, was a byproduct of opium withdrawal. Believe me, coming off the drug, not knowing what we know now (such as the use of Tramadol to curb the symptoms), would have been maddening.

Imagine: losing your mind, the effect heightened by lack of paradoxical sleep, for months and longer. Hence his constant need to walk.

While it's hard to feel sorry for what is truly a self-inflicted wound, the addiction is, nonetheless, a deal with the devil. The Victorian mindset, as Cornwell correctly notes, was one of 'blame the women.'

Comment

What year did the official Scotland yard investigation into these crimes conclude?
                Thanks
                Mr Holmes

Comment

What year did the official Scotland yard investigation into these crimes conclude?
                  Thanks
                  Mr Holmes
                  Due to the incomplete state of the files, this date can no longer be determined. It was not 1892 as had been previous supposed.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

A best estimate would be adequate
                    Mr Holmes

Comment

A best estimate would be adequate
                      Mr Holmes
                      I'm not sure anyone knows enough to provide such an estimate, I certainly don't.
                      It is always possible that a passing comment referring to the date may exist in an unrelated Home Office document, but I can't recall anyone coming across one.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

where can I get a as complete as possible case file?
                        Mr Holmes

Comment

You can't do better than buying The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook, Evans & Skinner, 2000.
                          I believe it is now available on Kindle.
                          Therein you will find as complete list as I know of concerning all the Home Office Files & Metropolitan Police Files that still exist, available from either the PRO, or LMA, in London, UK.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            You can't do better than buying The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook, Evans & Skinner, 2000.
                            I believe it is now available on Kindle.
                            Therein you will find as complete list as I know of concerning all the Home Office Files & Metropolitan Police Files that still exist, available from either the PRO, or LMA, in London, UK.
                            Does it include transcripts of documents pertaining to the case?
                            Mr Holmes

Comment

Yes, you might also want to find a copy of, The Jack the Ripper A-Z, which also provides lists of Scotland Yard (MEPO) & Home Office files, with brief summaries of each.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks Wickerman you have been a real big help
                                Mr Holmes

Comment

Working...
                                X