Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi everyone,

[/B]He had lit the large fire in the grate for his witness. So that she would see better what he had done.

Now, the next question must be: Who was the witness he wanted to enlighten?

Both Sarah Lewis and Elizabeth Prater heard her.

Regards, Pierre
    Hi Pierre,

Interesting. This makes "Jack" apparently the first killer I know of that not only invited strangers to come in and view his hitherto partially hidden handiwork (as he killed women on darkened streets before this), but proved his showmanship in this field by providing better lighting to see his work! Incredible. Usually killers don't like witnesses, and I really cannot see how he could have brought the two ladies in, showed the remains of Mary, and somehow convinced them that he stumbled on the shambles and only wanted to show it to them or anyone else. Actually I tended to think he'd try to kill any real witness associating himself with any corpse he had created.

But you may know more than I do. Nice time-line.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Steve

I tend to think that Abberline would have asked Barnett or Harvey about the state of the kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Hi Steve

I tend to think that Abberline would have asked Barnett or Harvey about the state of the kettle.
        Robert

Very possibly,
        however that would not rule out the solder melting as a result of one heating too many so to speak on a normal fire.

I am undecided on this. I have to honestly say, can see both sides of debate.

would help if we had a proper report from Abberline regarding the issue.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          Robert

Very possibly,
          however that would not rule out the solder melting as a result of one heating too many so to speak on a normal fire.

I am undecided on this. I have to honestly say, can see both sides of debate.

would help if we had a proper report from Abberline regarding the issue.

Steve
          Yep.

If just we had ALL of the police files.

1. We could put to bed so many crazy theories that rely on the police being idiots

2. We could probably solve the case.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Yep.

1. We could put to bed so many crazy theories that rely on the police being idiots

....and who has failed to keep said files??
            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Yep.

Do we get to keep crazy theories that rely on the police simply being a product of their time and technological development?
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                ....and who has failed to keep said files??
                quite possibly a lot were lost in 1940,

steve

Comment

Hello GUT,

I agree with you completely. That the police were complete idiots is the sine qua non of so many theories. Take that away and so many of those theories fail.

c.d.

Comment

Hi Packers

Maybe he is about to back you, maybe the witness is MJK herself.

however to suggest 2am as a firm TOD just seems wrong, not backed by the science from what I can see.

yes what exactly had been burnt and who did it belong to?
                    Sure I know what you will suggest, even if you do not have a name.

I agree about where the call came from.
                    On the purpose of it, or if it was linked to the murder I have no idea.

Steve
                    Hi Steve
                    Not particularly interested in Pierre's witness to be honest
                    2 am seems too early for me. Somewhere between 3. 30 and 5 if I was to hazard a guess and that's all any of us can do in reality,tying in Mrs Kennedy's sighting
                    I do think the oh murder was a deliberate shout or a shout of exclamation by someone before they were told to be quiet possibly.Certainly wasn't someone screaming for her life.People did say it was a fairly common shout in the street but it can't have been that common in a court of just a few rooms.
                    Suggestion about what had been burnt.... Well women's clothing according to Abberline.
                    Who did it belong to.... The victim I'm sure
                    Still concerned about the clothes that Harvey left behind though.
                    Why, when she now has her own place.
                    Why also, mens shirts?
                    As for the name, I hope you're not also asking me for a suspect :-)

Comment

quite possibly a lot were lost in 1940,

steve
                      Including any Maurice Lewis statement possibly

Comment

The police weren't idiots by any stretch of the imagination. It's a tragedy though that reports about Eddowes were lost in the Blitz, that so much in the Ripper files was stolen by sticky fingered police and civilians, and that a paper shortage in WW2 was used as an excuse to raid old files. So much has been lost...

Comment

Hi Steve
                          Not particularly interested in Pierre's witness to be honest
                          2 am seems too early for me. Somewhere between 3. 30 and 5 if I was to hazard a guess and that's all any of us can do in reality,tying in Mrs Kennedy's sighting
                          I do think the oh murder was a deliberate shout or a shout of exclamation by someone before they were told to be quiet possibly.Certainly wasn't someone screaming for her life.People did say it was a fairly common shout in the street but it can't have been that common in a court of just a few rooms.
                          Suggestion about what had been burnt.... Well women's clothing according to Abberline.
                          Who did it belong to.... The victim I'm sure
                          Still concerned about the clothes that Harvey left behind though.
                          Why, when she now has her own place.
                          Why also, mens shirts?
                          As for the name, I hope you're not also asking me for a suspect :-)
                          no not a suspect,
                          i meant i was sure you would say victim but not MJK, even if you didn't know who she was.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                            The police weren't idiots by any stretch of the imagination. It's a tragedy though that reports about Eddowes were lost in the Blitz, that so much in the Ripper files was stolen by sticky fingered police and civilians, and that a paper shortage in WW2 was used as an excuse to raid old files. So much has been lost...
                            Hello Rosella,

Never heard that before about the paper shortage. Interesting. Makes sense though.

c.d.

Comment

Including any Maurice Lewis statement possibly
                              yes,
                              no way it can be ruled out.

but as with all missing/non existent files. we need something else to assume they existed in first place.

example:
                              pretty sure there must once have been a poice file of somesort on Kosminsky. just because where did Anderson, MM and Swanson get info to mention him. didn't need be big file

s

Comment

no not a suspect,
                                i meant i was sure you would say victim but not MJK, even if you didn't know who she was.

steve
                                Hi Steve
                                You're correct, I don't know who she was.
                                Wouldn't yet rule out the young woman who Barnett encountered talking to Kelly in the evening though
                                Harvey at the inquest claimed it was her, lizzie Allbrook claimed it was her. Harvey in the times claimed her and Kelly were at New Court, left at 7 and Kelly headed off to Aldgate
                                Would Barnett not have known Harvey and Allbrook by name as they were supposedly best friends with Kelly
                                So who forgot their lines??

Comment

Working...
                                X