Did Mary know her killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    All conjecture aside, it is really a tough sell to try separate Kelly's murder from Eddowes, and the rest. If Joe Fleming killed Mary then he killed them all, and that raises more questions.
    Look at the Yorkshire Ripper victims, they were not all the same either.
    That wasn't what I was implying. I was just toying with the idea that if the 'other Joe' had been the Ripper, then for some reason he decided to spare MJK for several months. Perhaps MJK was his ultimate fantasy and he gradually built up to her murder?

I think in all likelihood she was a Ripper victim, but should we be so quick to discount the Thames Torso Killer? Here we have another serial killer in the vicinity of London's East End who enjoyed butchering women beyond recognition and preferred to work indoors to fully explore his desires. Bit of a long shot, I admit, because the Torso killer dismembered his victims and took their heads to completely destroy any hope of identifying them. No such problem here. There was more difficulty ID'ing Stride than there was Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      That wasn't what I was implying. I was just toying with the idea that if the 'other Joe' had been the Ripper, then for some reason he decided to spare MJK for several months. Perhaps MJK was his ultimate fantasy and he gradually built up to her murder?
      Ok, but isn't that the kind of plot we find in novels?

I think in all likelihood she was a Ripper victim, but should we be so quick to discount the Thames Torso Killer? Here we have another serial killer in the vicinity of London's East End who enjoyed butchering women beyond recognition and preferred to work indoors to fully explore his desires. Bit of a long shot, I admit, because the Torso killer dismembered his victims and took their heads to completely destroy any hope of identifying them. No such problem here. There was more difficulty ID'ing Stride than there was Kelly.
      I don't see anything wrong with the idea that the Ripper and the Torso killer may be the same, but it will need some good research to make it in to an acceptable theory.
      I would never suggest it myself not until something is found that makes for a persuasive argument.

We can point the finger at anyone when "what-ifs" are all we have.
      Sadly, that seems to be the main ingredient these days.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hutchinsons identification

If Hutch's statement is to be believed then the fact that this man tapped her on the shoulder and said something, to which they both started laughing, shows one of two things:
        a) she had met him before (even if only that day)
        b) Jack had a sense of humour?

Pat..............

Comment

Why assume it was 'Jack'?
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I stand corrected Jon !
            I should have said If Hutch was to be believed and if the police were right about the identity of the murderer....

Strange I just cant see Jack as a charmer but more a blitz opportunist

Pat.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I stand corrected Jon !
              I should have said If Hutch was to be believed and if the police were right about the identity of the murderer....

Strange I just cant see Jack as a charmer but more a blitz opportunist

Pat.....
              Hi Pat.
              My version would be - (if Hutch is to be believed and), if he really saw her final client.
              That is really what I was getting at

Kelly being reported seen with three different men that night; Cox, Hutchinson & Kennedy all had their own stories to tell - only one of them saw 'Jack'.
              Whoever we choose to accept is purely based on personal preference.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                If Hutch's statement is to be believed then the fact that this man tapped her on the shoulder and said something, to which they both started laughing, shows one of two things:
                a) she had met him before (even if only that day)
                b) Jack had a sense of humour?

Pat..............
                Not sure how you can deduce that just because a man taps a woman on the shoulder and says something and they both laugh that it means they met before? I mean surely any man can go up to any women he has never met before tap her on the shoulder and say something funny or witty to her which they can both have a bit of a chuckle over. Surely you don't think that isn't possible.

Comment

Maybe Astrakan man is the first man to coin "if I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
                  Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                  - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Those who have voted "no" should be banned.
                    At least for a while.
                    To think it through.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                      Those who have voted "no" should be banned.
                      At least for a while.
                      To think it through.
                      Well there's always the chance that the ripper snuck in using the broken window while Mary was sleeping. I tend to think the oh murder was more likely "murder!!" But a witness never wants to admit not helping someone when they could've prevented a death right? Or is maxwells sighting true and Mary was killed only just before bowyer discovered her? I do find the discovery to be a bit suspicious and it send possibly a set up.

Comment

It's too bizarre and otherworldly, the manner of her death. No, Mary Kelly did not know her murderer.

Not a soap opera

Comment

Not sure how you can deduce that just because a man taps a woman on the shoulder and says something and they both laugh that it means they met before? I mean surely any man can go up to any women he has never met before tap her on the shoulder and say something funny or witty to her which they can both have a bit of a chuckle over. Surely you don't think that isn't possible.

Yes you may be right if Jack was the witty banter type? I just think it pointed to a familiarity between them
                          We can only guess....

Pat..................

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post
                            It's too bizarre and otherworldly, the manner of her death. No, Mary Kelly did not know her murderer.

Not a soap opera
                            Again it comes down to what we mean by "know." That definition could include someone she just met that day so no soap opera type drama need be involved.

c.d.

Comment

If we believe Cadosch, Jack was able to at least chat to his potential victims. He could have been in a good mood, Lord Mayor' Show, a day off and so on, and just went up to Mary and made some weak Victorian joke about her being open for business, or something. There's nothing to say that Jack wouldn't have been reasonably pleasant when he approached these women.

Comment

And if you are a prostitute looking for a client you'll probably laugh at the lamest joke on earth, maybe even at one of my jokes.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X