Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONLY suspect that had killed "Unfortunates".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    In the interests of fairness, John, if Bury wasn't the "world's first copycat killer" then Alice McKenzie's murderer most certainly was, no?
    I think that raises a very salient point Harry, since so many of the members here and I imagine many Ripper students everywhere else seem to believe that "copycat" killings, or mimic killings are not present within these Unsolved Murders, one need only review Alices murder case and it seems probable that there were people emulating prior acts. At least one anyway.

I believe that the Unsolved killings most closely related by wounds and circumstantial evidence are Pollys, Annies and Alices.
    Michael Richards

Comment

Jane Beadmore`s murder on 23rd Sept 1888 was the first Ripper copycat murder.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        I have to disagree with you Wickerman. I would call Ellen Bury's murder a Ripper style murder. Admittedly Ellen wasn't mutilated to the extent of Mary Jane Kelly.
        She wasn't mutilated to anywhere approaching the extent of any of the Ripper's evisceration victims. A 4½ inch abdominal cut barely registers as a scratch in comparison to Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes and Kelly. And, whilst it's true that an intestine had bulged out of the wound, it would have been surprising if something hadn't popped out, given that her body had been crammed into such a small space.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          She wasn't mutilated to anywhere approaching the extent of any of the Ripper's evisceration victims. A 4½ inch abdominal cut barely registers as a scratch in comparison to Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes and Kelly. And, whilst it's true that an intestine had bulged out of the wound, it would have been surprising if something hadn't popped out, given that her body had been crammed into such a small space.
          On the the topic of intestines retracting outwards I have attached a crime scene photo of a female murder victim who it can be see had her throat cut, and was also stabbed in the abdomen but not to the extent of the Ripper victims. This wound as shown caused the intestines to recoil outwards. It could almost be a mirror image of Catherine Eddowes.

The point I make is that the intestines of Chapman and Eddowes were described as being placed by design, which I have to question the validity of those observations.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            On the the topic of intestines retracting outwards I have attached a crime scene photo of a female murder victim who it can be see had her throat cut, and was also stabbed in the abdomen but not to the extent of the Ripper victims. This wound as shown caused the intestines to recoil outwards. It could almost be a mirror image of Catherine Eddowes.

The point I make is that the intestines of Chapman and Eddowes were described as being placed by design, which I have to question the validity of those observations.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            I believe that Annies and Kates were "placed" over their respective shoulders, which makes the act seem utilitarian and only for unfettered access.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
            X