No announcement yet.

Regional Murder Mysteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickles got remarried in 1871 so he didn't grieve too long.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
      As an Australian I know more about Ley, who was extraordinarily corrupt and a great liar. He was involved, I believe, in ordering people killed in Australia who had become an inconvenience to him. I don't think he himself sullied his lily-white paws in any of it.

By the time he was arrested for the Chalk Pit murder in England after the war, he was apparently suffering from senile dementia, hence his extreme jealousy about his elderly girl friend!

Ley was only 66. That seems quite early for senile dementia. I'll be 69 in just a few weeks and I'm still keeping it together-I think.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• You and me both! Although I occasionally go into another room and forget what I'm in there for!

Ley may have always suffered from one undiagnosed mental condition or another. However, when he was sentenced to death for the Chalk Pit Murder, they quickly found two doctors who certified that he was of unsound mind and he ended up in Broadmoor.

It's been ages since I read of the case but I am sure that it was said that Ley's obsessive and groundless jealousy of his elderly girlfriend was caused by the onset of dementia. I have known a couple of unfortunate people who were diagnosed with this tragic condition when they were in their late fifties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
          You and me both! Although I occasionally go into another room and forget what I'm in there for!

Ley may have always suffered from one undiagnosed mental condition or another. However, when he was sentenced to death for the Chalk Pit Murder, they quickly found two doctors who certified that he was of unsound mind and he ended up in Broadmoor.

It's been ages since I read of the case but I am sure that it was said that Ley's obsessive and groundless jealousy of his elderly girlfriend was caused by the onset of dementia. I have known a couple of unfortunate people who were diagnosed with this tragic condition when they were in their late fifties.
          Yes jealousy seems to be part of it.

One of mums friends developed it in her 40s. It was so sad to watch.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
          X