Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Hi all,

JtR would certainly be one of the most intriguing unsolved serial killer cases but here are my 10 besides him followed by approximate year(s) and location(s).

10-The Babysitter (1976-77) Michigan
    9-Bible John (1968-69) Scotland
    8-The Boston Strangler (1962-64) Massachusetts
    7-The Original Nightstalker (1979-85) California
    6-The Cincinnati Streetcar Killer (1904-10) Ohio
    5-Zodiac (1968-69) California
    4-The New Orleans Axeman (1918-19) Louisiana
    3-Jack the Stripper (1963-65) England
    2-The Texarkana Phantom Killer (1946) Texas/Arkansas
    1-The Cleveland Torso Slayer (1934-38) Ohio

Please add
    Last edited by sdreid; 02-25-2008, 04:58 AM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Alternate name(s):

10-The Snow Killer
    7-The Diamond Knot Killer-The East Area Rapist
    3-The Thames Nudes Murderer-The Hammersmith Nudes Murderer
    2-The Moonlight Murderer
    1-The Headhunter-The Mad Butcher (of Kingsbury Run)

Stan Reid

Comment

1. Zodiac (1968-69) California
      2. The Cleveland Torso Killer (1934-38)
      3. The Boston Strangeler (1962-64) Massachusetts
      4. The Original Nightstalker (1979-85) California
      5. The Phantom Killer (1946) Texas/Arkansas
      6. The Colonial Parkway Killer (1986-89) Virginia
      7. The New Orleans Axe Murder (1918-19) Louisiana
      8. Bible John (1968-69) Scotland
      10. Mr. Cruel (1987-91) Australia

Comment

Hi Jdrake,

Is Mr. Cruel suspected of killing more than one? Where's #9?

Colonial Parkway is a creepy one for sure. There was a recreation of it on TV many years ago. I think it was on one of those half hour Unsolved Mysteries clones such as Missing Reward or Prime Suspect.

Stan Reid

Comment

*slaps forehead* my mistake. He wasn't high on my list anyway.

#9 would be Jack the Stripper and my new #10 would be the Alphabet Murders.

The Colonial Parkway Murders hold my attention because they are local for me.

Comment

Hi Jdrake,

Yes, I did consider the Alphabet Murders - an extremely weird case with the double initialed victims and the dump sites starting with the same letter. It makes me think that the killer had access to records of some sort. If I recall, all the girls were students in a parochial school. Bianchi has been listed as a possible suspect but, to me, it doesn't really seem to be his style. There was supposed to be a movie about the case but I don't know what happened to it. One of the TV crime shows covered it a while back but I don't remember which one it was.

Stan Reid

Comment

P.S.

I just reviewed the account I have of these cases and it says the girls were all Roman Catholic but not specifically that they were attending parochial school so I don't know about that one.

Stan Reid

Comment

As for The Alphabet Killer, I just checked IMDb and it was supposed to have been released this month. I don't know if it's a direct to video or not. There are some people I've heard of in it.

Stan Reid

Comment

There have also been efforts to tie some of these to other serial killer cases, for instance, Zodiac to Manson. Also, some have tried to tie Cleveland Torso to Texarkana Phantom though Black Dahlia.

Stan Reid

Comment

Might as well add the approximate body counts.

10---7
                    9----3
                    8---13
                    7---10
                    6----5
                    5----5
                    4----6
                    3----7
                    2----5
                    1---13

Colonial Parkway--8
                    Alphabet Murders-3

Stan Reid

Comment

Since I mentioned the Alphabet Murders movie, here's the best movies about the cases I listed where there is one.

10-Don't know of any
                      9--None that I know of
                      8--The Boston Strangler (1968) There have been a few other films about this case but they're not high budget like this movie. One was even made while the crimes were still going on.
                      7--Not to my knowledge
                      6--Haven't heard of any
                      5--Zodiac (2007) There have been several movies about these murders but none quite up to this one and a couple that are really dreadful.
                      4--Know of none
                      3--Frenzy (1972) Only loosely based on the killings but it's all we have as far as I'm aware.
                      2--The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976) Great low budget fun. There is a movie about the case called The Moonlight Murders that's due out this year but I doubt that it will top this one.
                      1--Torso (2009) Obliviously, I haven't seen this in the works film but it's supposed to be directed by the guy who did Zodiac - Seven - Panic Room - Fight Club so I have great expectations.

I don't know of any for the Colonial Parkway murders either.

Stan Reid

Comment

how about the killing of the two sisters and brother (murphy?) in new zealand? australia begginning of century? i asked here last year about the details,someone enlightened me about the names location etc..now i forgotten again years since read the book....didnt they make a film of it too?

Comment

Hi Dougie,

That's the Gatton Mystery and I put it on the non-serial killer thread. I don't know of a movie but I hope there is one.

Stan Reid

Comment

stan
                            thanks ,yeah the gatton mystery, it might have been you who enlightened me first time....i think its fascinating case ,cant really seem to find much about it ,other than that "gatton mystery" book. not sure about the movie, but if they didnt make one-they should.
                            regards

Comment

I have a list of what I like to call "History's Most Wanted". I thought is sounded catchy. There are other cases I'm interested in, but they're either solved, or pseudo-solved. I'll list them after the top ten, which comes in no particular order:

1.) Jack the Ripper
                              2.) Bela Kiss
                              3.) Axeman of New Orleans
                              4.) Cleveland Torso Murders
                              5.) Black Dalia
                              6.) JonBenet Ramsey
                              7.) Zodiac
                              8.) Dan (D. B.) Cooper
                              9.) Texarkana Moonlight Murders
                              10.) Jack the Stripper

Others I'm interested in are:
                              Lizzie Bordon
                              JFK
                              RFK
                              MLK
                              Son of Sam
                              Boston Strangler
                              Charles Manson
                              "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X