Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Thompson and the Jack the Ripper Pattern Murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me the distance between each murder were not as important as the directions that Ripper headed. The Vesica Pisces pattern that I attribute to the Ripper murders. The Vesica Pisces is traditionally depicted in the horizontal position as it is sometimes represented as a fish or the infinity symbol. The figure 8 shown in the map I have given is the Vesica in the vertical stance. I believe that this was intended. Like some have tried to show an inverted cross superimposed on the map to indicate a pervasion of the holy sign, the toppled Vesica toppled is the anti-Vesica.

The inclusion of Stride’s murder location is done because I’m not in the habit of excluding the murder of Stride as some are in the habit of doing merely because it fits outside the framework of my theory. To me there is enough about the details of her injuries and the positioning of the body to keep her within the Canonical five, apart from I think is the far-fetched idea that another murder thought to commit crimes in the police hotspot where everyone was on heightened alert. I do not think there are many suspects that held store in sacred symbols and geometry.

Thompson certainly saw the ‘magical’ properties of compass bearings in relation to worship and ritual. Beginning in 1894, Thompson in lengthy written correspondence expressed an abiding interest in this subject and the powers claimed by directions of the compass,

On the matter of the ' North ' note that verse, 'Promotion cometh not from the South, nor the East, nor the West.' That is, it cometh from the North. The North seems always to signify the original Godhead, the' Father '-or the Devil'...This honouring of the' North 'may very likely have been at the bottom of the seeking of the points of the compass from that quarter…the North represents the simple Divine virility, the South the Divine womanhood, the East their synthesis in the Holy Spirit and the West the pure natural womanhood' full of grace…I wanted to know if there had been any actual progressive development among the nations with regard to the quarters in which they worshipped-as an historic fact, apart from symbolic meaning.’
    Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

Comment

The layout points actually correspond quite closely to the Southern Cross constellation.

Maybe JtR was an Aussie.

Point being, if you wanna prove something, you can inkblot any set of points in almost any pattern to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
        The layout points actually correspond quite closely to the Southern Cross constellation.

Maybe JtR was an Aussie.

Point being, if you wanna prove something, you can inkblot any set of points in almost any pattern to suit.
        Proof that it was Deeming perhaps.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

This is silly. You could dot any series of murders across a small area and interpret some kind of pattern out of them. The only way I could see this as remotely possible is if JTR had been targetting victims specifically in their homes. That wasn't the case, however. Most of the victims just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Think of all the variables involved for this to happen and you'll quickly realize it's implausible.

Comment

I advice looking into the subtly of this theory. It's not that you could make any symbol you wanted to using the murder points. It's that we have in Francis Thompson the most likely suspect to think of doing so. When we look for his most central and sacred symbol on the map, it can be found by using his premise that over time people worshiped in different directions.
            Author of

Comment

To me the distance between each murder were not as important as the directions that Ripper headed.
              "given that they are true and equidistant" -- well are they? really? and why is this claim to 'given' equidistance suddenly unimportant?

And how do we get to him being "the most likely suspect" when he can't be placed in the area at the time of the murders? Simply not knowing where he was won't do. Because it proves nothing. Showing that he was in the area a year or a month before or after won't do either, to make such a definitive claim. Saying it's "possible" he was a suspect is about as good as gets, and in the realm of possibility there's a lot of great points for Thompson being one.

But the "most likely"? Not yet. And some of these supportive arguments are circular tripe.

It's also very convenient to nudge Mary Kelly out of the 'pattern' so the other four fit.
              Last edited by Ausgirl; 03-15-2015, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Proof that it was Deeming perhaps.

Comment

"given that they are true and equidistant" -- well are they? really? and why is this claim to 'given' equidistance suddenly unimportant?
                  'given that they are true and equidistant.' I never said that they need be true or equidistant to make a Vesica Pisces, only in the symmetrical Figure 8 shape I demonstrate. A general compass point and any distance will still make the Vesica shape with the intersecting directional lines as they cross from one point to the next.
                  Author of

Comment

But it says "given that they are true and equidistant" in really big letters on your diagram?

Is that not correct? Is it not then "given"?

Martha Tabram was also thought to be a Ripper victim in 1888. Was she not one? Does her present popular absence from the canon prove she was not? or does she just not fit the pattern, for some obscure handy reason, like Mary Kelly?

Comment

But it says "given that they are true and equidistant" in really big letters on your diagram?

Is that not correct? Is it not then "given"?

Martha Tabram was also thought to be a Ripper victim in 1888. Was she not one? Does her present popular absence from the canon prove she was not? or does she just not fit the pattern, for some obscure handy reason, like Mary Kelly?
                      Given when a perfectly proportioned figure 8 figure is achieved when all the points are equidistant and true. In the case of the murders even a disproportionate figure 8 is still a Vesica Pisces. One needs only to draw originating from one precise murder location to another. The transecting lines would still form a Vesica Pisces.
                      Author of

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
                        Given when a perfectly proportioned figure 8 figure is achieved when all the points are equidistant and true. In the case of the murders even a disproportionate figure 8 is still a Vesica Pisces. One needs only to draw originating from one precise murder location to another. The transecting lines would still form a Vesica Pisces.
                        Or the dagaz rune.

Or a route taken due to police beats.

Or a random path that is easily, if "subtly" able to be shoehorned into a theory.

Comment

Or the dagaz rune.

Or a route taken due to police beats.

Or a random path that is easily, if "subtly" able to be shoehorned into a theory.
                          Maybey but all still Vesica Pisces, a symbol that was a central motif for Thompson by forming compass direction headings, in the manner espoused as by him.
                          Author of

Comment

I saw some toast once that had the Virgin Mary burnt into it. I see here an arrow, a number 6, or upside down 9. (Ooo mysterious) I'm sorry but if he was trying to leave symbols then I don't see why he wouldn't have carved it or left clear symbols with each of his victims. Then he would have had mini figure 8s inside of the larger figure 8. Infinity inside Infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
                              I saw some toast once that had the Virgin Mary burnt into it. I see here an arrow, a number 6, or upside down 9. (Ooo mysterious) I'm sorry but if he was trying to leave symbols then I don't see why he wouldn't have carved it or left clear symbols with each of his victims. Then he would have had mini figure 8s inside of the larger figure 8. Infinity inside Infinity.
                              Perhaps he did. With Catherine Eddowes there was on each side of cheek a cut which peeled up the skin, forming a triangular flap about an inch and a half.
                              Author of

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Patterson View Post
                                Perhaps he did. With Catherine Eddowes there was on each side of cheek a cut which peeled up the skin, forming a triangular flap about an inch and a half.
                                Then that weakens his case as being the ripper and strengthens it for only Eddows. If he is going to put these symbols on one he would do it on all his kills.

My point is not that he isn't a viable suspect. It's that this is a silly angle to take to add strength to him as a suspect. Bring facts and evidence and I can promise you, people will take it far more seriously than this.
                                Last edited by Dane_F; 03-15-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X