Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 1 minute ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 4 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 5 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Batman 9 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Sam Flynn 10 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Jon Guy 12 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - (108 posts)
Non-Fiction: Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? - (16 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (10 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - (7 posts)
General Police Discussion: City of London Precincts and Divisions involved in the Investigation - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Jack the Ripper learned don't eviscerate before you exsanguinate - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Pub Talk

Old 02-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
Baseball??? Is that like cricket?
Not much. I have decided that cricket is like croquet with a tossed ball. In baseball, there is more running, and players get to spit tobacco juice more often.
---------------
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
Baseball??? Is that like cricket?
Somewhat, but the bat used is different, and you swing it differently. It's closer to the old games "Rounders". [Thanks for not saying it was like croquet!].

Jeff
Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
If you're getting upset about Trump, watch college basketball or movies on Netflix. That's what I do. Stop reading about RealClearPolitics, or DailyKos, or HuffPo, or Yahoo!, or whatever your brand is. If I didn't have people telling me how miserable I should be because of Trump (and Obama before him, and Bush before him, and Clinton before him), I'd probably forget to be miserable and realize my life's pretty much the same as it was, what, thirteen days ago?
Actually Pat, I don't go out of the way to listen to the news that much anymore. I guess I'm looking for alternate facts in a way. Never could stand the Huffington Post. But the news does manage to drift down to me anyway.

I do catch films on Turner Classics.

Jeff
Old 02-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Sergeant

NO it's closer to the greatest game ever!!!! hahaha.. seriously, I love Baseball...it is something that just relaxes me, makes me feel like a kid again...the sounds of baseball are soothing to me....plus.. it's a summer game.. and I live in Buffalo!!!

Steadmund Brand
Old 02-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
I'm not miserable at all, I'm in Australia, what's to be miserable about?
Plus, you have a wonderful family and a wife with good taste!!! You also have Footy coming back soon....and your PM pissed off our President!!! Australia is the place to be now!!! however, you still need to take a vacation to the US and Canada.. so you can visit your twin!!!

Steadmund Brand
Old 02-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Commisioner

I'll let you all in on a secret, we had the first game of the season here last year, at the good old SCG, I understand there are plans to do it again.

Couldn't get there myself but everyone I know who went loved it.

I watch on TV from time to time, but don't fully understand some of the obscure rules, but understand enough (from playing various forms of the game at primary school) to enjoy it.

I also watch your football (watched pro bowl on Monday our time) is why it takes so loooooong to play these games, it's nearly as bad as cricket.

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Chief Inspector

This pretty well sums up why I'm miserable:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...s_upon_us.html

We were on the way to that progressive world that the "Star Trek" motto "infinite diversity in infinite combinations" described, and now we are trying to regress to bigotry, hate, racism, nationalism, and all that is the worst in our history.
---------------
Old 02-26-2017, 02:24 AM
Casebook Supporter

Oh dear!

Someone's thrown his dummy out of the pram :

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ump_voter.html
Old 02-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Assistant Commissioner

45 Random Acts of Kindness That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity:

http://pulptastic.com/45-random-acts...ss-show-human/

c.d.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:35 AM
Assistant Commissioner

On occasion I walk past the White House on my way home. I like to extend my middle finger to the current resident as I stroll by. If anyone would like me to send their regards in the same way let me know. I should probably charge for doing so. I could clean up.

I worked with a guy whose wife worked for the Capitol Hill police. He said that every few months she had an undercover assignment in Lafayette Park directly across from the White House. She would dress as a bag lady pushing a grocery cart of old rags around and mumbling to herself. But under the rags were several assault weapons. There are always some crazies in the park and I always think about that when I see them. There are also visible snipers on top of the White House roof and that is a little disconcerting.

c.d.