• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day

Why not a bit of all three.

Cunning like a rat.

Surely he would be careful.

And he must have had some luck in the least because no one walked up on him ripping a victim.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      G'day

Why not a bit of all three.

Cunning like a rat.

Surely he would be careful.

And he must have had some luck in the least because no one walked up on him ripping a victim.
      There was without doubt all 3 but luck was of least of what was at play. The mere fact he went out armed with a long bladed knife designed for cutting through skin and flesh or meat showed the premeditation that was there, he was cunning enough to be able to hide this knife from not only the women he killed until the very moment he slit their throats but also from the public as he travelled to his destination to find the girls and also after he was finished. He would of been covered in blood, caring a long knife and body parts still dripping with blood. He would not be taking a leisurely stroll at night with his bloody knife and organs after his finished. He no doubt would of been getting the hell out of there and fast so he must of had an escape route planned as to get out quick and not draw attention to himself.

When you sit back and think of every aspect of the crimes he did, luck just doesn't seem to fit in. He didn't just decided on the spur of the moment to kill, no one goes out armed with a long bladed knife for the fun of it.

Comment

G'day EQ

Not so sure about the covered in blood, he seems to have been careful to face the throat away from him before he cut it.

In one case the Dr was asked at the inquest about blood on the murderer and indicated that there would be little. In one case at least, the victim had little or no blood on her clothes.

I am careful about assuming that he was getting about covered in blood.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          G'day EQ

Not so sure about the covered in blood, he seems to have been careful to face the throat away from him before he cut it.

In one case the Dr was asked at the inquest about blood on the murderer and indicated that there would be little. In one case at least, the victim had little or no blood on her clothes.

I am careful about assuming that he was getting about covered in blood.
          He may have pointed the throat away but I am sure ripping open an abdomen would make a bit of a bloody mess on his hands, clothes etc no matter how careful he was in that sense, or do you think he took surgical gloves, facemask and apron? I mean you can never be too careful right?
          Last edited by elleryqueen74; 02-28-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

G'day ElleryQueen

Hand I'll give but as I recall in some cases but not MJK it was said by the Drs that he would probably have very little blood on him.
            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by elleryqueen74 View Post
              He may have pointed the throat away but I am sure ripping open an abdomen would make a bit of a bloody mess on his hands..
              Not necessarily once the cardiopulmonary system has ceased to be active and no major vessels were severed. In the abdomen, these would lay next to the spine.

Kate Eddowes' murderer probably got little blood on him until he removed the left kidney.
              Best Wishes,
              Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Luck played a large part in our killer not been caught he certainly knew how to kill swiftly the area he chose for his killings also helped him as well.The poor women who were butcherd might well have led our killer to a spot where they knew they wouldn't be disturbed.When we try to make sense of our killers movements we tend to forget we are dealing with a greatly disturbed mind so when we try to say he must have done this or gone that way or another way he probley didn't know himself what he was going to do next.
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I think that the murders were done in whitechapel because it is all alleys like a maize. The Ripper knew spots that would not be passed for a good 15 minutes or more at certain times. He used whitechapel's terrain to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                    I think that the murders were done in whitechapel because it is all alleys like a maize. The Ripper knew spots that would not be passed for a good 15 minutes or more at certain times. He used whitechapel's terrain to his advantage.
                    Hi Rocky,a very good area for people not to report our killer as well.
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                      .When we try to make sense of our killers movements we tend to forget we are dealing with a greatly disturbed mind so when we try to say he must have done this or gone that way or another way he probley didn't know himself what he was going to do next.
                      Well it can can assume he had a disturbed mind and that he didn't know what he was going to next. But the facts show us he knew quite enough to go out with a large bladed knife on him and keep it hidden until the moment he killed, to find a victim with out been seen very often and to keep his face and identity well obscured so he could not be positively identified or so that no one was able to give police a detailed description of him, to kill and mutilate and removed organs quickly and silently each time, to avoid drawing attention to himself upon his getaway, I mean there are no reports anywhere of a man running away from the scenes is there? So he was able to get away each time quickly and silently, not to mention with the murder weapon and body parts in hand. It doesn't really indicate that he had no idea of what he was going to do. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing how he was going to do it and how he was going to slip into the night. Nothing about the killings seems disorganised to me, in fact the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                        To say he stood a good chance of getting away with committing murder outdoors, under those circumstances, is naive.

Cheers
                        I'm not sure how this is naïve given that he wasn't caught. I agree that he was "with it" to take basic precautions, but I stop short of calling this "cunning." This really isn't rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                          I'm not sure how this is naïve given that he wasn't caught. I agree that he was "with it" to take basic precautions, but I stop short of calling this "cunning." This really isn't rocket science.
                          Cunning might not be the right word to use but he definitely went out clued up.

Comment

G'day Barnaby

This really isn't rocket science.
                            No it's just his life at stake!
                            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by elleryqueen74 View Post
                              Well it can can assume he had a disturbed mind and that he didn't know what he was going to next. But the facts show us he knew quite enough to go out with a large bladed knife on him and keep it hidden until the moment he killed, to find a victim with out been seen very often and to keep his face and identity well obscured so he could not be positively identified or so that no one was able to give police a detailed description of him, to kill and mutilate and removed organs quickly and silently each time, to avoid drawing attention to himself upon his getaway, I mean there are no reports anywhere of a man running away from the scenes is there? So he was able to get away each time quickly and silently, not to mention with the murder weapon and body parts in hand. It doesn't really indicate that he had no idea of what he was going to do. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing how he was going to do it and how he was going to slip into the night. Nothing about the killings seems disorganised to me, in fact the exact opposite.
                              Hi Ellery,what you have to take into account as well is the lack of adequate street lighting and also the possibility some person or persons did see our killer very shortly before during or after he has committed the murders and they didn't report it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                                Hi Ellery,what you have to take into account as well is the lack of adequate street lighting and also the possibility some person or persons did see our killer very shortly before during or after he has committed the murders and they didn't report it.
                                Well yes anything can be assumed, I like sticking to using known facts to make a point.

Comment

Working...
                                X