No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Rumbelow. Skinner's for The Ultimate.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
      ...After all, if you were a lady of the streets at the time, who would you rather go with, a slathering maniac picking up pieces of bread from the street, or a well-spoken "posh" man - "Come, my dear, how did you end up this way, tell me your sad story in some quiet place".
      Hi C4
      Sure if a Toff and a Scruff were standing side by side, I'm sure she would take the Toff.
      Wouldn't you think the Scruffs outnumber the Toff's in Whitechapel after nightfall?

Suppose the Scruff was the only offer she had that night?

Beggars can't be choosers, as they say.

Regards, Jon s.
      P.S. I don't think Jack was a slathering maniac.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Slathering maniacs and toffs

Hello Wickerman,

There were more toffs than you would think - the then Prince of Wales had a room on Wentworth where he dressed down to look in on the poor. He seemed to be genuinely interested in helping, though. A little Lord Somebody is mentioned in one of my books in an american newspaper cutting as being arrested while out "slumming" (a very popular pasttime) and was only released when members of his exclusive club identified him. Makes you think -that this was enough to clear him! Canīt remember which book it was, will have to check it out.

Not putting my money on Prince Eddy, though, although anyone who would wear the better part of a baby badger as a sporran in my opinion is capable of anything lol.

Best wishes,
        C4

P.S. No, Kominski was the slatherer and bread picker as I remember.

Comment

Working...
        X