Views:	1
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	654378 Here he is ...blessim'

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swarfega.jpg
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	654379 He he ........in a 'flash!!!!!!????????' x

OK that's The Suzi Sunday Afternoon Educational Hour over with.........

LOL where's Mary's hair??? hehe Just trawled back to the beginning of this thread to see what us all going on pre Aveda and Swarfega!!!

OK yes- especially as Mary disported her hair about as a bit of a 'Look at mi' lovely tresses' thing and was known not to sport a bonnet- both allegedly!!!

IF- and I say IF- it was someone known to Mary- who knew her- and her 'fancies' -wouldn't that have been the first thing to do!......... Cut it all off......shave it maybe..... not fanny about doing all the stuff that gives us all nightmares to this day! Now that would have been an alarming thing to do!

Suz x
    Last edited by Suzi; 07-13-2008, 06:27 PM.
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I have often wondered about the hair. The conclusion I came to was that the killer was more thrilled by the cutting of the body. Cutting a women's hair as a punishment was usually a humiliation and to mark the women out as unusual, like with the French in world war 2.
      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
        [ATTACH]2590[/ATTACH] Here he is ...blessim'

[ATTACH]2591[/ATTACH] He he ........in a 'flash!!!!!!????????' x

OK that's The Suzi Sunday Afternoon Educational Hour over with.........

LOL where's Mary's hair??? hehe
        I hope he didn't wash his hair with it too

Back to Mary's hair at least one of the others Annie I think had a comb among her possessions I wonder if there's a full inventory of items found in Marys room

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
          I have often wondered about the hair. The conclusion I came to was that the killer was more thrilled by the cutting of the body. Cutting a women's hair as a punishment was usually a humiliation and to mark the women out as unusual, like with the French in world war 2.
          Exactly Kat ! as a mark of humiliation for shall we say 'sleeping with the enemy' at the very least. Sad but true- not far from the Witch burning though at the end of the day was it!! Think it was darling Kate, Belinda....well a bit of a comb anyway........ will check..... (amongst mi' posessions!)

Yep Kate had one 'small toothed comb' -nothing of that sort (well reported) in Mary's room
          Last edited by Suzi; 07-13-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I think it is interesting that Mary wore here hair lose. In the Victorian times a married woman would have been expected to wear her hair up. It is interesting that the other women seem to have done this but not Mary. Maybe because she was unmarried? More likely I think because it was a tool of her trade.

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
              I think it is interesting that Mary wore here hair lose. In the Victorian times a married woman would have been expected to wear her hair up. It is interesting that the other women seem to have done this but not Mary. Maybe because she was unmarried? More likely I think because it was a tool of her trade.
              I'm sure it was Kat- a trademark maybe...mind you in a 'scrap' having the old hair down may have been a distinct dis advantage!!!

(Are you saying that Mary was 'unmarried?'- you could just start something here!!) LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                I'm sure it was Kat- a trademark maybe...mind you in a 'scrap' having the old hair down may have been a distinct dis advantage!!!

(Are you saying that Mary was 'unmarried?'- you could just start something here!!) LOL
                Well maybe I am. I think her wearing her hair down was certainly to play up her youth.

Comment

I have long hair myself just past waist at the moment I usually wear mine down because if I do it up I get headaches I can have it up in a bun for about three hours tops before I have to let it down for a while Mary may have had this problem too which could have been a part, not all of the reason she left it loose
                  Buns might look nice but they can get damned uncomfortable

Comment

Sounds great Belinda!! Ive been down the long hair road a few times but at the end of the day it's too high maintenance after a while- I know what you mean about the bun headache thingy though...............ooooooooooooooooh groan Especially as this time in two weeks we'll be in Italy en route to Greece (God I sound like Maria!!!)- best to keep it short (ish!!!!) I say!!!!

Kat- She didn't have to play up her youth- she had it- unlike the others!
                    Last edited by Suzi; 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Ooh You lucky thing I've always wanted to go to Greece
                      I haven't had short hair since 1993 in fact I consider waist length short
                      It was much longer but I got bored now of course Mr Regret has come to visit

See if this doesn't tempt you down long tress lane again

Hair care articles, product reviews, information, and photos.
                      Last edited by belinda; 07-13-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Kat- She didn't have to play up her youth- she had it- unlike the others![/QUOTE]

No you're right she actually had youth. But it may have been a way of showing this. And it is true that the others would have had aged hair. Although Nichols was said to look younger than her years.

Comment

Hiya -I know -I imagine Pol to have sort of light brownish hair maybe with a touch [or ten] of grey -
                          Kate had the loveliest naturally dark auburn hair with a naural curl- Liz also quite similar,but slightly paler I reckon- Annie probably had browny/grey slightly 'big ' hair with a touch of the frizz and wore it 'er shall we say back from the face...ditto Martha in a slightly Hattie Jacques fashion etc etc.....well IMHO

LOL what are we like!! discussing hair dos!!!

All we can be sure of is what we see in the mortuary pictures....blood soaked as they may be-they're accurate!!!!

...The whore with a heart of gold with a feather boa and a jolly hair do and bonnet as beloved by Hollywood-------well just has to be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaagh TOTALLY dismissed!!
                          Suz x
                          Last edited by Suzi; 07-13-2008, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Very female!
                            I think that Mary was probably very proud of her hair.

Comment

Yep I'm sure she was- and made a point of it- Wonder where she did the washing of it though???? Could that explain the bathy thing under the bed?? The practicalities of having a fine long head of hair takes some maintenance!

Comment

Hi all- Just some (RICH!) Victorian HAIR of the period.... Blimey!!!

Name:	victhair1.jpg
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	654387

Name:	victhair2.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	654388 hehe

Name:	victhair3.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	654389!!!!!!

Name:	victhair4.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	654390 That IS Kate WINSLET isn't it... but painted by Antoine-August Ernest Herbert in 1876...Ophelia! amazing

Name:	victhair6.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	654391 Now That's H A I R !!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by Suzi; 07-14-2008, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X