Why wasn't her uterus taken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    Did he know how much time he had? If anyone entered the room while he was at work he was at least as trapped as he would be in the darkness of a back-alley, arguably more so. How could the killer know there would be no interruption? Kelly had, until recently, had a live-in lover and even more recently had had another woman sharing at least the room, if not the bed.
    I surmise that Kelly's killer was probably known to her because the circumstances suggest (to me anyway) that he had some awareness of her personal circumstances.
    I think he was known to her as well but even someone she had met earlier in the day or week falls into that category. A few drinks might have loosened her tongue and she might have given away personal information without realizing it.

c.d.

Comment

In a spot of difficulty.

Hello Colin.

"Did he know how much time he had? If anyone entered the room while he was at work he was at least as trapped as he would be in the darkness of a back-alley, arguably more so. How could the killer know there would be no interruption?"

"Blast! Who's that? Right. So, Mr. Barnett, yes, I DO know what this looks like, but I can explain everything."

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

This is kind of gross but I wonder if he could have eaten Mary's heart while he was still in her room.

c.d.

Comment

Or perhaps he was confident enough [deranged enough] that he felt he could easily deal with anyone who arrived.

After all people enter occupied houses all the time to commit crimes, at times killing anyone who disturbs them.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Or perhaps he was confident enough [deranged enough] that he felt he could easily deal with anyone who arrived.

After all people enter occupied houses all the time to commit crimes, at times killing anyone who disturbs them.
            Hello Gut,

Yeah, that was probably his plan. Brandish his knife and run out the door before anybody had time to react.

c.d.

Comment

He also might have thought that lighting a fire, in addition to giving him light in which to work, might make passersby think that Mary was with someone and so they wouldn't want to disturb her.

c.d.

Comment

G'day c.d.

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                He also might have thought that lighting a fire, in addition to giving him light in which to work, might make passersby think that Mary was with someone and so they wouldn't want to disturb her.

c.d.
                Or Mary may have lit it before going out so the room would be nice and cozy to get down to business.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello Christer.

"Nichols? Shock value? Nah - she was lying gently stretched out on the pavement, her abdominal wounds carefully hidden from sight.
                  Her killer did not want to shock with that deed, apparently."

What's this? We agree? Ah!

Cheers.
                  LC
                  There´s shock value for you, Lynn!

The best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

Matter is neither created nor destroyed. So assuming the coroner's report is accurate (and given the meticulous accounting of the organs I suspect it is on this point), the heart was absent. This leaves three possibilities:

1. The Ripper took it with him (perhaps because he was a responsible and loving dog owner this whole time and has been terribly misunderstood for 125+ years )
                    2. The Ripper ate it (a variant of #1 but a variant certainly worth noting!)
                    3. The Ripper burned it to ashes in the fire (or cooked it and then ate it).

Given his signature, I suspect #1 (minus dog) is most likely although for some reason I can't explain I'm partial to burning it to ashes in the fire.

Regarding cannibalism, the doss houses where he may have stayed had community kitchens, no? He wouldn't be the first serial killer to serve up human flesh to unsuspecting folk. Purely speculative, but this kind of freaks me out.

If this were a copy cat crime it would nicely explain why Joe/Hutch/Flemming would take the wrong organ. But I think that this was done by the same gent who killed the other canonicals.
                    Last edited by Barnaby; 06-18-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X