No announcement yet.

Stephenson AS a Suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the explanation, guys, and I don't believe I was hinting at a cabal. Just that given the names I'd seen associated with the podcast, I was under the impression it was founded by jtrforums. If I'm wrong then I apologize for having made that suggestion. And thank you, Mike and Mengemeister, for the invite, but I'm not able to participate at the moment and am not sure I'd have anything worthwhile to say in any event. Perhaps in the future. It's a cool idea, though, so props to whoever thought of it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom,

No problem. The podcast was my idea and from the beginning I stressed that I wished it to remain unassociated with any site. Separate but equal.

I think you are too modest in that I had in mind when I invited you, you being the guest on a Liz Stride show. I cannot think of anyone else I'd prefer to have as a guest over you on such a topic.

Take care,

JM

Comment

Thanks for that, JM, your words mean a lot to me. I might have to do that one of these days, as it would be fun. I don't generally involve myself in Ripperology outside of message board, although I'm thinking about going to Norderfest this October under an assumed name, so who knows, I might become a social butterfly from there!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
          Hi caz,

I think the point is still very simple. You are now doing exactly what you excoriated Melvin Harris for doing years ago. Claiming you can't come out with the super secret evidence at your disposal because it isn't yours to share. And that's fine, and that's your right. Just like I defended Melvin Harris as it being his right when you and Omlor were tearing the skin off of him. But it doesn't change the fact that you are doing exactly what you said was so wrong for others to do.
          No, Ally, you simply misunderstand the nature of the beef I always had with Melvin's position, despite me explaining it more times than I've had hot dinners. It wasn't simply that he claimed to have super secret evidence about the mythical modern hoaxers that he steadfastly refused to share (even with Keith in private). That was merely frustrating for everyone who wanted answers without having to leave their armchairs to look for them. I agree with you, it was his right to keep the results of his investigation to himself (and I'm glad you see it as Keith's right to keep any results of his investigation to himself until he's good and ready to share them).

What always amused me rather than annoyed me was the fact that Melvin cursed the diary and blamed everyone but himself for polluting the field for many years to come, while claiming to be holding back the kind of evidence that would have stopped the pollution instantly.

Melvin only had himself to blame when he claimed to have the means (but failed to use them) of clearing up the diary pollution, which would have left the atmosphere squeaky clean for his Stephenson theory to take hold. Claiming to be sitting on the means to this end was not so much a question of morality, integrity, or even credibility, in my view; it was always more a case of pissing on his own shoes while keeping the and air freshener up his arse (if you will).

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

so let me get this right Caroline,

you are saying it was not alright for Mel to not tell Keith something because he then said the diary is pollution to the field and he thereofre believed the diary to be a terrible burden. But it is ok for Keith to say he has evidence and then not produce it because he thinks its ok to milk the diary for all tis worth?

Or AM i misinterpreting what you are saying.

Jenni
            “be just and fear not”

Comment

ps or is it just that there's something you dont know abot diary world that pisses you off?
              “be just and fear not”

Comment

Originally posted by jdpegg View Post
                so let me get this right Caroline,

you are saying it was not alright for Mel to not tell Keith something because he then said the diary is pollution to the field and he thereofre believed the diary to be a terrible burden. But it is ok for Keith to say he has evidence and then not produce it because he thinks its ok to milk the diary for all tis worth?

Or AM i misinterpreting what you are saying.

Jenni
                Hi Jenni,

Yes, you misinterpreted what I was saying.

And from your post it sounds like you are the one who was pissed off when you wrote it.

Love,

Caz
                X
                Last edited by caz; 06-25-2008, 04:13 PM.
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                X