why so confident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Richard,

I feel your suggestion as to how the handkerchief detail crept into the account is a viable one.

But i still believe Hutchnsons sighting was authentic, and for some reason the man had no mistrust of Kelly, or fear of Dorset street, was he known in that area perhaps?
    If he was known in the area and acquainted with Kelly, he'd be familar with the "vicious, semi-criminal" reputation enjoyed by that little patch surrounding Northern Commercial Street. In which case, he'd be more clued-in than most to the perils of advertising your flashy bling in such a place, especially at that time.

All the best,
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 06-02-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Ben,
      Mayby he was a well known 'jack the lad' in the area, and the manor held no fears for him, certain twin brothers , in recent years, would have had no worries walking about in their posh italian suits at anytime of the day or night i feel.
      Richard.

Comment

Hi Richard,

They probably would have done if they were alone in the small hours, with none of their heavies to protect them, especially if dressed in a manner that closely mirrored the bogeyman mental picture of a serial killer active in the same district.

Best regards,
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
          One factor I don't think we should ignore- MJK was seen drinking with more than one person throughout the night and was known to have been fairly drunk by the hours after midnight. I would think it fairly unlikely that she was still awake- or awake again- at nine in the morning rather than "crashing" before dawn to sleep it off, as I'm sure she was used to doing.
          Ahh...the wisdom of youth, who know from recent experiences that nights of debauchery are usually followed by semi-coma sleeps. I woke up one night after a night to end all nights sleeping with a football as a pillow on a hardwood floor at someones house I didnt know. No-one could wake me.

Might make one irritable when awakened from such a sleep....and they might exclaim "Oh murder"........and with only a pained look....."do you know what friggin time it is?"

Cheers Kensei

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
            Ahh...the wisdom of youth, who know from recent experiences that nights of debauchery are usually followed by semi-coma sleeps. I woke up one night after a night to end all nights sleeping with a football as a pillow on a hardwood floor at someones house I didnt know. No-one could wake me.

Might make one irritable when awakened from such a sleep....and they might exclaim "Oh murder"........and with only a pained look....."do you know what friggin time it is?"

Cheers Kensei
            Micheal the cry of Oh Murder in that case may have been a threat if you put both of those phrases together. Oh murder, do you know what time it is. = I should kill you for waking me at 4 AM.
            'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by smezenen View Post
              Micheal the cry of Oh Murder in that case may have been a threat if you put both of those phrases together. Oh murder, do you know what time it is. = I should kill you for waking me at 4 AM.
              I know it would have been like a threat from me if someone woke me at 3:45am from a boozy sleep.

But kidding aside, "oh-murder" is well know to have been an expression of the times that often did not in fact signal murder, threat, or danger. That is within the given evidence throughout the investigations.

And I would think when it did signal a threat, danger or murder being attempted, complete silence wouldnt follow...because the person who made the exclamationm had to be prevented from more outbursts immediately by the killer. In this case, silence indicates that there was no audible struggle or altercation in room 13...Prater stated she could hear when Mary moved about in her room...and heard nothing after the cry out.

Cheers smezenen

Comment

The real 'Jack the Ripper' was not a super villain or a master criminal.

He was an impulsive, opportunistic killer. An individual who was not out of the ordinary, 100% lived in the local area and was probably known to or at least he knew the local women and their surrounding. Also i would say he was a medium if not under average size for a male, some one women felt at ease around. (well my belief anyway)

We can see from the night of two murders, he was interrupted before he had begun, which shows no sign of a plan, just spur of the moment. Like when he killed, i think it was Chapman ?, just outside some flats, he could have been caught at any moment, he simply could not stop himself.

With Kelly, and it is my belief he knew her, he had the comfort of seclusion. As to why he was so confident, could have been a few reasons - but again i would say he was neither confident nor afraid, simply impulsive and opportunistic - because we do not know where they met, simply where they ended up.

Comment

Working...
                X