Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't anyone notice the bright light of the fire in Mary's room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odors galore...

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Wouldn't the burning of clothes lead to smoke and a rather unpleasant smell? It would seem the last thing her killer would want would be someone knocking on the door in an attempt to find out what was going on.

c.d.

This is what I thought c.d., but as others have mentioned, the area probably reeked plus I assume she had a working chimney so the fumes would go skyward............if the ventilation wasn't good the burning clothes smell could have wafted out the broken windows..........apparently it wasn't something that anybody noticed or felt worth mentioning..............

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
      Wouldn't the burning of clothes lead to smoke and a rather unpleasant smell? It would seem the last thing her killer would want would be someone knocking on the door in an attempt to find out what was going on.

c.d.
      Hi CD
      good point and that always made me wonder about the killer being the clothes burner but
      As Wicker had pointed out in an earlier post, the chimney along with the broken window probably created good air flow,draft so that all the smoke and smell went up and out the chimney.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
        Read the post. I said that I believe she was alcoholic. She had had a drink at breakfast time, which makes that a not unreasonable opinion. Feel free to disagree, but please refrain from personal abuse.

regards, Bridewell.
        I did read the post(obviously-which is why it pissed me off) and unless you dont beleieve that your own opinion is valid saying you belive someone is an alcoholic is saying basically they are an alcoholic in your opinion. But please correct me if you dont think your own opinions are valid.

But based on your reasoning because she had a drink at breakfast time
        (She had a drink according to a witness who most people have come to be wrong any way.) since she was hung over she is beleived by you to have been an alcoholic(do you even know what an alcoholic is). Sorry-does not follow.

So by your reesoning is she also not intelligent (couldn't read) or habitually violent (brkoen window)?

How about you stop the personal abuse against a victim who there is absolutely no evidence of being an alcoholic, you did not know and cant defend themselves anyway.Didn't they suffer enough without some armchair psychologist 120 years later passing judgement on their charactor.

Sorry for the rant but this kind of thing really gets on my nerves!

Comment

Do you even know what an alcoholic is?
          Yes.

How about you stop the personal abuse against a victim who there is absolutely no evidence of being an alcoholic
          Alcoholism is an illness, not a character defect. I am of the opinion that MJK (and others) probably suffered from this illness. That is neither personal abuse, nor a personal attack. It is an opinion. I have never claimed that it was anything else.

Regards, Bridewell.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
          X