Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    I
    . So you're right, they do corroborate one another in a way, but if the couple were both alive before and after the murder then they weren't Stride and the killer, but most probably Edward Spooner and sweetheart.
    Not according to Spooner Joshua, he stated he and his sweetheart were stood on the corner of Christian Street and Fairclough Street, outside the Beehive PH when, "two Jews came running past".

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
      Although as stated I believe Deimshutz's arrival to have been the reason the killer fled the scene.
      I can go along with that, it's what Louis himself thought might have happened. And Fanny too, although that was after speaking with Louis, obviously.

Comment

Not according to Spooner Joshua, he stated he and his sweetheart were stood on the corner of Christian Street and Fairclough Street, outside the Beehive PH when, "two Jews came running past".
        True, but he also said they'd been talking there for 25 minutes, so they would have been there when Brown walked back from the shop with his dinner. Seems a bit of a coincidence that two couples were chatting away within yards of each other. But who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
          True, but he also said they'd been talking there for 25 minutes, so they would have been there when Brown walked back from the shop with his dinner. Seems a bit of a coincidence that two couples were chatting away within yards of each other. But who knows?
          I think if the couple allegedly sighted by Brown were Spooner and sweetheart then it would have come out as a result of the inquest. Brown was convinced it was Stride. Surely Spooner would have realised, if it were he that was stood on the corner by the Board School, and if so I can't imagine him not informing the police of this. It remains a mystery as to who the couple were, as sighted by Brown
          Last edited by Observer; 04-17-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Odd that domestic squabble wouldn't register on the radar of a woman ready to be ringside for a club row.

If the couple that Mortimer sees is the same one that Brown sees, then Brown didn't see Stride.
            And is her house on the same side as the school? Wouldn't that have to put her outside her door in order to see the couple? She should have seen more.
            there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
              And is her house on the same side as the school? Wouldn't that have to put her outside her door in order to see the couple? She should have seen more.
              Here you are Robert Mortimers house is number 36
              Attached Files

Comment

• Brown's couple stood out of view to number 36 in Fairclough Street to the bottom, and right of the plan as we look at it

Comment

If that is the case how would the killer know that Mortimer was stood at her front door ?
                  He could have heard her opening the door, which may have startled him, especially if he was also on edge, i e. because of the noises emanating from the club and realising he risked being discovered at any time. However, you make a fair point about the position of Mortimer's property in relation to the club.
                  Last edited by John G; 04-17-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Yes I realise you were going along with John G Joshua, no problem. As an alternative to Mortimer scaring off the killer what about the killer being spooked by a noise emanating from the Club? In my opinion a much more likely scenario. Although as stated, I believe Deimshutz's arrival to have been the reason the killer was forced to flee the scene
                    Being spooked by noises emanating from the club is a possibility. Moreover, Mrs D claimed that she was in the ground floor kitchen with the window open for a significant period, so hearing her move about could have startled him.
                    Last edited by John G; 04-17-2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Is it possible that the killer could have heard Mortimer open her door, and then tentatively walked to the front of the yard to investigate? He notices Mortimer on her doorstep-would this be possible given the relative positions of the club and Mortimer's residence?-and decides, cautiously, to delay mutilating Stride until she returns inside. However, Mortimer remains for 10 minutes-at least according to one account-and he's sufficiently spooked by this time that he decides to flee the scene (after all, during that ten minute period he risked being discovered at any time.)

Comment

• There was singing in the club wasn't there, which could have masked any noise from the street like doors opening etc. Is a door opening a necessarily noisy event, anyway? Maybe slamming a door up the street might be. I believe it's far more likely to have been noises from the kitchen that startled Jack. There might have been male footsteps on the stair or near the side door, and so he decided to hop it, And perhaps the sound of a horse and cart coming nearer and nearer as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X