Exhumation of Kelly....any updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    There were several conditions that had to be met in order to proceed with the exhumation. When the Leicester University team conducted their research survey of the site it was decided that those conditions would be impossible to meet and so this particular effort, started by WWD and later taken up by Patricia Cornwell, has been abandoned.

JM
    Thank you.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
      Perhaps her face was disfigured because the perpetrator did not want her recognized beyond her immediate circle of acquaintances. Her true identity might have led the authorities back to him.
      I can't see that being the reason given the fact it was her room. Who else would be found dead in her room?
      Everyone will know who the body is.

I take the disfigurement to be more of a personal nature.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        I can't see that being the reason given the fact it was her room. Who else would be found dead in her room?
        Everyone will know who the body is.

I take the disfigurement to be more of a personal nature.
        Yes, exactly. And even in the unlikely event that her true identity (whatever that means) became known and somehow led to a person of interest the police would still have to make a case against him.

c.d.

Comment

I doubt it was anything of "personal" nature or that Kelly knew her killer. If anything, I think it's a fairly obvious explanation due to the extent of her mutilations, given the fact that she was in an enclosed environment.

It was nothing but pure anger, hatred, and violence which escalated into an extreme. The mutilations towards the face was already evident in the Eddowes slaying; this was part of his M.O.

Also, if one wanted to see what Kelly looked like, why not just go off of the Newspaper clippings of the time? I think they're as fair an accurate of a depiction as one can make.

Comment

Working...
          X