escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
    Yes, GUT, you have a point. Some time you'll have to explain it to the 18th Century colonial general, Lord Amherst ("twas a soldier of the king").

Actually it does bother me, and I have considered having it legally changed to "Geoffrey". But in the Jewish tradition, you are given names based on deceased relatives. My father's father Jack/Jake/Yaacob is the basis for my first name Jeffrey (note the same first letter)/Yaacob. Curiously I could not get the anglicanization of Jacob or Jake or Jack - the latter name being particularly appropriate for this website!

Jeff
    But bet they get your' spelling right more often than mine.

woner which is the most used in the world Jeffrey or Geoffrey. I suspect J.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• jolly good show

I see some chap from Mexico has managed to tunnel for over a mile to escape prison puts us to sham really.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Back from behind enemy lines... and all things are good and clear... so looks like I will be able to visit my ladies this weekend....

Poor Lions.... beaten by a bunch of Swans

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          But bet they get your' spelling right more often than mine.

woner which is the most used in the world Jeffrey or Geoffrey. I suspect J.
          G'Day GUT,

The real killer is that the name spelling of "Jeffrey" seems to date back to the last name in England - as in the 17th Century "jurist" and Lord Chancellor.

It figures. I share the same birthday as Hitler, and my first name is the same as the judge of the "Bloody Assize" minus the final "s".

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            I see some chap from Mexico has managed to tunnel for over a mile to escape prison puts us to sham really.
            The chap in Mexico is one of the heads of a large drug cartel, and extremely ruthless and dangerous. This is the second time he's escaped encarceration in the last three decades. Hopefully he will be shot and killed next time.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
              The chap in Mexico is one of the heads of a large drug cartel, and extremely ruthless and dangerous. This is the second time he's escaped encarceration in the last three decades. Hopefully he will be shot and killed next time.

Jeff
              Don't they know he's heading to Switzerland to help us dig?

Amanda

Comment

• Motorbike

Well, our Australian digger, what say you to the motorbike?
                From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                  Well, our Australian digger, what say you to the motorbike?
                  I'd love to. DW would probably divorce me.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• SHE wants to know what the Escape Committee is.

How do you explain it to a reasonably sane person?
                    G U T

Comment

SHE wants to know what the Escape Committee is.

I could always get Jeffery to explain it to her
                      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Of course I have to ask. Who's Jeffrey? Sorry, Jeffery
                        From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                        "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

SHE wants to know what the Escape Committee is.

Simple... just say it's a think tank with Yeti's and Dragons and soiled y fronts and Yanks who support Brisbane....anyone would undertand that... wouldn't they?

Steadmund Brand
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                            Of course I have to ask. Who's Jeffrey? Sorry, Jeffery
                            Jeffery he's the giraffe who lives in my wardrobe

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                              Simple... just say it's a think tank with Yeti's and Dragons and soiled y fronts and Yanks who support Brisbane....anyone would undertand that... wouldn't they?

Steadmund Brand
                              Hope your well Steady.

She knows about lion supporting Yanks, in fact just a day or two ago she said "When we are in Melbourne we'll have to try and get your friend a Lions jumper".
                              G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                                Jeffery he's the giraffe who lives in my wardrobe
                                Does he have a cousin named Geoffrey who lives in your toy chest, too?
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X