• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
    I didn't understand the joke...?
    Jordan
    Hi Chainz,

Sorry about that, I think that it must have got lost in translation!!! From English, to what Microsoft calls "American English"!!!

Moreish. Adjective. Causing one to want to have more.

Example:-

Husband, "Don't you think that you've eaten quite enough of those chocolates?"

Wife, "I can't help it, darling, they're just so moreish!"

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

• "Moreish": Never heard of that one before. I'll start using it when in conversation with Brits. (Like “I'm feeling peckish, these biscuits are so moreish!“) Thanks, Zodiac, for expanding my vocabulary!

To ChainzCooper: I might have heard music by Ratt, but I'm not sure. As an heroin-afflicted, there's also Kurt Cobain. I know that his suicide has been commercialized to hell and back by the “MTV generation“, but I still like Nirvana. I like grunge (altered) chords! A perfect example are the opening chords for “A heart shaped box“. In my opinion, this is the perfect song to have playing in one's iPod when doing rails in freestyle snowboarding. It's slow (for concentration), but totally enhances the “danger situation“ through the altered chords in the guitar solo.(Though it's not really a “danger situation“, since I'm only doing small rails. Worst that can happen is sore and swollen calves, each time one eats up the rail.)
      Last edited by mariab; 08-12-2010, 05:53 AM.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

• Hey Maria,
        Ratt was pretty big back in the 80's.I have all their cds released with their 'classic lineup'.They even have a new one out called Infestation. Never heard of 'Round and Round'?
        Jordan

Comment

• “Round and round“ kinda rings a bell. I might have heard it without knowing by whom it is.
          Back from the library, working on 19th century opera, which is my main speciality (a bit far from grunge!). My French colleague who's visiting wanted to take a walk through the park during a major downpour, so we're both covered in wet mud, but her laptop made it safe. I was hoping to go wakeboarding in the lake tomorrow, but dream on. I could probably wakeboard in the streets (without fins), since they're flooded up to one's ankles. It looks like tomorrow's gonna be another day at the library instead of the lake. What fun...
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Working...
          X