Kelly photo 1 enhanced - graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
    Hi Perry Mason, are we looking at the actual flesh on the right of the image, or the mound of bedding and horses head on the left?
    Aptly put Mike ,.....the horses head.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
      Hi Robert,
      Before I was brave enough to walk into an optitians,I purchased a very strong magnifier!!

I disagree with Sam....as the magnifier is showing up various objects quite clearly,....on the table,amid flesh etc.

A hand mirror is definitely visible,with at least 3 other objects I can pick out and recognise,as similar to some handed down from my great gran to my nan.

ANNA.
      I thank you Anna.

Best regards.

Comment

EDIT.....sorry the photo was to large a file size.

For any anatomy experts here....please tell me what is the object within the yellow circle.

Cheers all.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2008, 08:47 AM. Reason: edit...didnt load photo

Comment

Tin bath

The tin bath, under the bed, has always intrigued me. Especially with the clothing found in her room. Would such an item be used for laundry?
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
            The tin bath, under the bed, has always intrigued me. Especially with the clothing found in her room. Would such an item be used for laundry?
            Didnt you and I discuss that issue before Monty, because Ive said for quite some time now that what we have evidence of is Maria and Mary using the pump and perhaps the kettle, doing wash all afternoon, and then folding the dried clothes from a line outside her window, or maybe in her room with a low fire. Maria gives her a few coins,...I believe that was for the help she received.

I also believe that this is what caused the "remains of a large fire". It wasnt large..it was layered and going on all day. And boiling and reboiling water in the kettle all day likely melted the spout that may have been partially that way before it was used that day.

Best regards Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post

The next interesting anomalie on the image is what appears to look like two loop holes possibly scissors just under MJK's arm. Any ideas?
              I don't think that is scissors. The two circular objects are too low to be the last two left ribs (unless there was damage and the lower two ribs were "relocated") It could have been a ureter - but there are two, so it may be two vascular vessels.

I have no idea what the circle is below around her knee.
              "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Is it just my eyes playing tricks or...

When I blew the picture up(the second pic posted) and enlarged it 200x. Is there writing in the circle on her knee???? Did someone write something? It almost looked like the last word in the circle was *Jack*

Sorry I might just be in need of an eye exam again.
                Last edited by Blackkat; 11-30-2008, 09:02 AM.

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
                  A hand mirror is definitely visible,with at least 3 other objects I can pick out and recognise,as similar to some handed down from my great gran to my nan.
                  If I look long and hard enough, I can see a miniature version of my nan's rocking-chair. Believe me, Anna, the only non-fleshly object on that table is the table-top itself.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Blackkat View Post
                      Is it just my eyes playing tricks or... Is there writing in the circle on her knee????
                      Whoever wrote it would have needed a very fine pen if so, Kat - that mark is only a few millimetres long.

Bear in mind that the image is a copy of a copy of a ... (etc). The original from which it came was extremely old, and would not have been in pristine condition to start with. Even the original plate/negative wasn't taken using particularly sophisticated photographic techniques. In addition, what we're actually looking at is an Nth-generation compressed electronic image, and image compression loses and distorts pixels.

Enhancing an image of this nature will clean up certain areas, but does so at a cost - not only will information be lost, but the process also enhances any blemishes or distortions that might have been there in the first place. Sometimes those blemishes appear to take on a life of their own, I'm afraid, and it's all too easy to read too much into them. A bit like reading tea-leaves.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Well then if she doesn't have anything on that leg(clothing) then perhaps it's a round slight incision.

Comment

Thanks much Sam. Appreciate it.

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Whoever wrote it would have needed a very fine pen if so, Kat - that mark is only a few millimetres long.

Bear in mind that the image is a copy of a copy of a ... (etc). The original from which it came was extremely old, and would not have been in pristine condition to start with. Even the original plate/negative wasn't taken using particularly sophisticated photographic techniques. In addition, what we're actually looking at is an Nth-generation compressed electronic image, and image compression loses and distorts pixels.

Enhancing an image of this nature will clean up certain areas, but does so at a cost - not only will information be lost, but the process also enhances any blemishes or distortions that might have been there in the first place. Sometimes those blemishes appear to take on a life of their own, I'm afraid, and it's all too easy to read too much into them. A bit like reading tea-leaves.

Comment

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the thanks!

On a more general note, I should be very surprised if we'd be able see anything real on that image that was mere millimetres wide in real life, at least not with any confidence. We may be seeing particles of dust, or some other imperfection that came in contact with the photograph (or electronic reproductions thereof) during its 120 year history.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

You know I was referring to your question right? "what the circle was" not the "writing" I thought I saw.

She wasn't wearing any leggings er.. long undies right? I was just saying maybe it was a cut, but I don't really know because I can't see how a circular cut would be made right below her knee.

Comment

Pardon me while I urp.

Comment

Working...
                                X