Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - by Scott Nelson 10 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Sam Flynn 1 hour and 24 minutes ago.
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - by jerryd 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Ben 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Wickerman 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - by jerryd 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Sarah and Maurice Lewis - (13 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (9 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Mitre Sq, The demise is almost complete - (1 posts)
Torso Killings: torso maps - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Maybrick, James

Old 06-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Did you just threaten to tell teacher?

The content and tone of your posts suggest troll/WUM. Better?

I agree Harry. A third rate WUM at that. Oh, there's a few posters still taking the bait, but the majority of us stay well clear of the rubbish put forward by yon WUM in defence of the Diary being the genuine article
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:02 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Hi harry
I donít think icon is trolling. Seems like he sincerely believes maybrick wrote the diary and is the ripper.

I think you may be thrown off by his flamboyant and passionate style.
Thank you, Abby. It is refreshing to see that those who fundamentally disagree about something can at least respect each other's right to hold the view they do.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
I agree Harry. A third rate WUM at that. Oh, there's a few posters still taking the bait, but the majority of us stay well clear of the rubbish put forward by yon WUM in defence of the Diary being the genuine article
Actually, the majority of people avoid posting anything to this thread because of this sort of response. Each new post receives hundreds of views, so hundreds of people are viewing each entry but only 10 or so actively venture a view at any one time. That's all on you and people like you who attack people's right to have an opinion. Not everyone is as unaffected as I am by the invective and the insults, so they (wisely) avoid commenting. Are you telling me that you know for certain that every one of them is a journal-doubter? Hey - are you certain that I am a troll or are you simply seeking to arm your position by belittling mine?

One of the best examples of those who tried to have a voice was the very motivated, well-intended Tempus Omnia Revelat. He was genuinely striving to add value to the debate - it is a section of the Casebook about James Maybrick as Jack the Ripper for goodness sake! - but he gave up in bitter frustration when he received too much criticism and so little encouragement from the so-called stalwarts of the site.

I think what happens is that some people start to believe that they own the site and therefore start behaving like guard dogs on it. That's a shame because that scares away genuine debate.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
11) Kim Rossmo's geoprofiling data which highlighted Middlesex Street as as good a locus for the fiend's home as Flower & Dean Street (which Rossmo, in fact, focused on).
I come late to this party but this statement is rubbish. There was a 'suggestion' at one point that David Canter's geoprofiling might point to Middlesex Street but that turned out to be wrong. Equally incorrect is that adding Goulston Street would point to Middlesex Street using Rossmo's system. In short, like much else that is used to support arguments for the diary it's pure invention.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:18 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiltheBear View Post
I come late to this party but this statement is rubbish. There was a 'suggestion' at one point that David Canter's geoprofiling might point to Middlesex Street but that turned out to be wrong. Equally incorrect is that adding Goulston Street would point to Middlesex Street using Rossmo's system. In short, like much else that is used to support arguments for the diary it's pure invention.
Thanks for that very short and thoroughly undetailed critique Phil. It seems that coming late to the party doesn't always mean you'll be properly dressed for it.

I don't know what you mean by "but that turned out to be wrong" because you do not back it up with evidence. Just look at the TV programme. You'd have to be seriously hellbent on contradiction if you did and still claimed that Middlesex Street wasn't as stong a potential locus as Flower & Dean Street. Two reds in a huge east end of London sea of cool blues, greens, purples, and yellows.

Goulston Street - it transpired - was included in the Rossmo research, by the way.

"This statement is rubbish". This statement does not befit this site.

Ike
Old 07-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Detective

Are the rumors true? I heard David B. and Keith S. were last seen wrestling just above the Reichenbach Falls and have not been heard of since.

The prosecution appears to have rested. I can't quite figure out if the defense has pleaded 'no contest,' or 'no case to answer.'
Old 07-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpalmer View Post
Are the rumors true? I heard David B. and Keith S. were last seen wrestling just above the Reichenbach Falls and have not been heard of since.

The prosecution appears to have rested. I can't quite figure out if the defense has pleaded 'no contest,' or 'no case to answer.'
If someone joins the forum claiming to be an elderly bookseller then it might get spooky

Herlock

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact!"
Old 08-16-2018, 05:23 PM
Commisioner

Hi All,

Interesting discussion of the phrase "one off" and other matters in this 1994 book by Kenneth W. Rendell.

http://jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=30227

Regards,

Simon